Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys: Why is being "Slutty" wrong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomH97)
    Why can't a guy want something in his partner that he doesn't have himself? At the most obvious level he would want her to have boobs and a uterus which he lacks, but then (stereotypically) he might want someone who likes looking after kids and cooking. Similarly, women would look for a penis and being a higher earner than themselves.

Hahahah.
    What a loser :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    It's like buying a used car, if it has more mileage you wouldn't be willing to buy it as much
    same goes for guys too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Hahahah.
    What a loser :rofl:
    As opposed to someone so narcissistic they only want a (fe)male version of themselves?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    There is no such thing as a slut. It's just a derogatory word, just like ****boy. Whether a person wants to sleep around or not is none of my business; it's no one's business except that person.

ReputationRep:
    I mean it's unattractive in that I feel like if the girl sleeps around a lot, why would they want to be with me- surely anyone far more attractive than would do? I try (not very good at it) to like girls I actually have a reasonable chance of being with I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boredom101)
    Men like their women untouched. They like rare things.
    It's so easy to lie about being a virgin. It's not even worth asking about. A lot girls get sexually abused, so their virginity isn't always up to them.

I think fetishizing virgins has roots in paedophilia. Young girls are way more likely than be virgins than 20 year olds. That's my take on it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is. In fact I actively encourage women to become more slutty, because it's the only way I'm ever going to get laid what with the price of prostitutes (in this locality at least) and the fact that I wouldn't be able to trust an adult worker were they to reassure me that they would not be cheating on a partner by providing their service to me.

ReputationRep:
    I like a mixture of both but i'll be honest good girls with a really bad/dirty side is what I like

Can't be too slutty that's just a turn off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tapir)
    It's so easy to lie about being a virgin. It's not even worth asking about. A lot girls get sexually abused, so their virginity isn't always up to them.

I think fetishizing virgins has roots in paedophilia. Young girls are way more likely than be virgins than 20 year olds. That's my take on it.
    paedophilia is a stretch...

biologically speaking , males are sexually attracted to fertility. Because it is the woman's job to birth a child and raise it. in order to do this best and ensure it is a healthy child, the woman should be youthful and healthy. youth represents fertility. so being a virgin tends to represent youth, which is very attractive to males.

There is nothing wrong with being attracted to youth, that is exactly what we are evolved to desire. paedophiles are attracted to children, its not exactly the same thing as a consenting adult virgin. idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Does the quality of drive increase with mileage?
    Very good question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tapir)

Virginity = lost consensual sex

Sexual abuse is obviously not consensual and so I wouldn't look down on a girl who says she's a virgin despite being sexually abused as it will be out of her own free will if you see what I'm saying

But yeah nowadays you can lie about anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    paedophilia is a stretch...

biologically speaking , males are sexually attracted to fertility. Because it is the woman's job to birth a child and raise it. in order to do this best and ensure it is a healthy child, the woman should be youthful and healthy. youth represents fertility. so being a virgin tends to represent youth, which is very attractive to males.

There is nothing wrong with being attracted to youth, that is exactly what we are evolved to desire. paedophiles are attracted to children, its not exactly the same thing as a consenting adult virgin. idiot
    Youth represent fertility?? It's not like
    women just become more incapable of having babies once they reach a certain age. Most women are fertile well into their 30s. Generally speaking, teen girls are more likely to die in child birth than grown women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tapir)
    Youth represent fertility?? It's not like
    women just become more incapable of having babies once they reach a certain age. Most women are fertile well into their 30s. Generally speaking, teen girls are more likely to die in child birth than grown women.
    Yes, they literally do...

ReputationRep:
    you can't wife a hoe cos hoes don't stick around

(Original post by SGHD26716)
    What do you mean?

Wouldn't you tell your husband before marrying him?
    obv not lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    you can't wife a hoe cos hoes don't stick around

obv not lmao
    I was talking to her not in a general case. 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tapir)

Thats true a lot of girls don't lose their virginity by choice. Wow I never thought about it having roots of paedophilia, I always thought it went back to the old times and the preferences that a man would have for a youthful "pure" bride which was the social protocol at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    I was talking to her not in a general case. 😂😂
    oh, well I just had a look at her answer and it looks like I'm right haha

ReputationRep:
    There are different types of sluts.
    Type A: Sleeps around because they can't commit to an individual. They are likely to be hot and thus can get whomever they want. Obviously the problem here is insecurity from whomever is dating them and fear they won't be able to commit to them.
    Type B: Boring ones. Girls who care about nothing but sex, alcohol and self appearance (or guys for that matter, though they don't have a name. Jocks?). Problem here is the fact they're boring.
    Type C: Any other girl that sleep around because they happen to be in a club and had the chance to get down with a cute guy or whatever. Nothing wrong with these people. Who am I to say you shouldn't have fun with a good looking dude? Tends to be confused with the girls above, hence the bad rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry Bird)
    oh, well I just had a look at her answer and it looks like I'm right haha
    Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Yes, they literally do...
    You don't deserve that pink symbol next to your username. You've got to earn it :nope:

On a serious note, psychologically it's quite sad that you want to be a woman yet you hate them so much. Mixed up man.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.