Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys: Why is being "Slutty" wrong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    You don't deserve that pink symbol next to your username. You've got to earn it :nope:

On a serious note, psychologically it's quite sad that you want to be a woman yet you hate them so much. Mixed up man.
    huh? why would I want to be a woman?

The only reason i would want to be a girl is it would be so easy to get laid, apart from that I'm very happy as a man lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    There are different types of sluts.
    Type A: Sleeps around because they can't commit to an individual. They are likely to be hot and thus can get whomever they want. Obviously the problem here is insecurity from whomever is dating them and fear they won't be able to commit to them.
    Type B: Boring ones. Girls who care about nothing but sex, alcohol and self appearance (or guys for that matter, though they don't have a name. Jocks?). Problem here is the fact they're boring.
    Type C: Any other girl that sleep around because they happen to be in a club and had the chance to get down with a cute guy or whatever. Nothing wrong with these people. Who am I to say you shouldn't have fun with a good looking dude? Tends to be confused with the girls above, hence the bad rep.
    Type A, Type B, and Type C are entirely interlinked. Women are not discrete characters, there is no such type.

Type A is hot because she's also type B so takes pride in her appearance and puts effort into looking hot. But type C is also type B because type C wouldn't likely be in a clubbing environment unless she didn't like alcohol, and she wouldn't likely end up hooking up if she didn't like sex. Type C is also Type A because she can get whoever she wants and can't be dealing with commitment.

To reduce women to such simple "types" just shows lack of experience on your behalf, apart from the vanilla fantasies of oShapo's fumbling right hand.

Girls sleep around because they like sex. I know that is a foreign concept to some of you, and you'd rather think of promiscuity as stemming from emotional damage, or a means to control, but they like sex just as much as men. That is all there is to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why is "good girl" better, than slut??
    Because of jealousy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    huh? why would I want to be a woman?

The only reason i would want to be a girl is it would be so easy to get laid, apart from that I'm very happy as a man lol
    You say that now but in ten years time you'll be in therapy over it.
    I guarantee it, I think you really resent women because you aren't one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why is "good girl" better, than slut??
    no man wants to get a woman's knickers off and be faced with something that resembles the top of a welly boot 😃

ReputationRep:
    You say that now but in ten years time you'll be in therapy over it.
    I guarantee it, I think you really resent women because you aren't one.
    I'm so confused, therapy about what?

And why would I resent women? I don't. I have some quite conservative views about what roles I think men and women have, but why does that mean I hate women? When I have a girlfriend/wife whatever I don't intend to hate her..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)

Moralising about sex tends to come from people who don't get a lot of action.
    /endthread

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so confused, therapy about what?

And why would I resent women? I don't. I have some quite conservative views about what roles I think men and women have, but why does that mean I hate women? When I have a girlfriend/wife whatever I don't intend to hate her..
    Why have you got a pink symbol and feminine man as an avatar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThomH97)
    Why can't a guy want something in his partner that he doesn't have himself? At the most obvious level he would want her to have boobs and a uterus which he lacks, but then (stereotypically) he might want someone who likes looking after kids and cooking. Similarly, women would look for a penis and being a higher earner than themselves.
    ask a modern 21st century woman what she wants the majority of the time it'll be her own success more than anything... truly honestly i don't think any of my friends and definitely myself would ever have an inherent WANT or need for our husbands to be higher earners than us. if my husband earns more than me, then cool, but if someone asks me what id want in a man, it would never ever ever be for him to be a higher earner than me. it would be for him to also be successful, like me.

the whole idea of women relying on a man in any financial form is not really around in the 21st century at all, so i would really like to argue that the point you've made about it is invalid.

however, it is still very much around that men would like the woman to cook and clean and take care of the children, and that's seen as being in a good relationship?? a balanced relationship?? which i'd argue it totally isn't.

also, i'd definitely argue that if a guy can't offer virginity himself, he definitely can't ask for his partner to be a virgin, despite virginity being seen as a social construct and all. a guy can't demand his partner to be perfect and possess all qualities like cooking and taking care of children if he isn't willing to learn those qualities himself.

ReputationRep:
    Because they have standards by not whoring around therefore they respect themselves and men will see them as deserving respect.

ReputationRep:
    Why have you got a pink symbol and feminine man as an avatar?
    on my screen no ones gender shows, well if its a female on mine then thats from when I thought i was a tranny, i went thorugh like a 6 month phase of genuinely thinking that lol. I was brainwashed by idiots online I think, did a bit to much reading of stupid make believe blogs.

And the avatar is from when I was gay I found him very attractive.

ReputationRep:
    on my screen no ones gender shows, well if its a female on mine then thats from when I thought i was a tranny, i went thorugh like a 6 month phase of genuinely thinking that lol. I was brainwashed by idiots online I think, did a bit to much reading of stupid make believe blogs.

And the avatar is from when I was gay I found him very attractive.
    Am I being taken for a ride here?

ReputationRep:
    Am I being taken for a ride here?
    No, I used to be gay, recently turned straight. not trolling.

ReputationRep:
    A man sleeping around and a women sleeping around is the same thing.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Because they're morons lol. It's that simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashaxo99)
    ask a modern 21st century woman what she wants the majority of the time it'll be her own success more than anything...
    Well, obviously. That doesn't say anything about what she looks for in a life partner though.

truly honestly i don't think any of my friends and definitely myself would ever have an inherent WANT or need for our husbands to be higher earners than us. if my husband earns more than me, then cool, but if someone asks me what id want in a man, it would never ever ever be for him to be a higher earner than me. it would be for him to also be successful, like me.

the whole idea of women relying on a man in any financial form is not really around in the 21st century at all, so i would really like to argue that the point you've made about it is invalid.
    You're right, women are very capable of supporting themselves financially these days. I would like to ask if you would consider someone who earned less than you, and what you mean by successful. Also, somewhat of a tangent, but how would you explain this?

however, it is still very much around that men would like the woman to cook and clean and take care of the children, and that's seen as being in a good relationship?? a balanced relationship?? which i'd argue it totally isn't.
    If one spouse would rather work to provide for their family, and the other would rather stay at home care for their family, that is a perfectly balanced relationship. In fact, if you happen to be one of those types of people, I would recommend you find the complementary person to settle down with rather than arguing with someone similar over who is giving up their job or who doesn't get to enjoy their kids growing up.

also, i'd definitely argue that if a guy can't offer virginity himself, he definitely can't ask for his partner to be a virgin, despite virginity being seen as a social construct and all. a guy can't demand his partner to be perfect and possess all qualities like cooking and taking care of children if he isn't willing to learn those qualities himself.
    He can't make someone be a virgin or be able to cook, clean etc. But nor can he make someone be female, he just rejects anyone who isn't (if he's straight). If I'm talkative and find good listeners attractive then I won't go for a chatterbox - conversely if I'm quiet I might like a chatterbox to fill the silence.

My point is, a guy (or anyone) can't change someone to match his preferences, but he'll simply go for the people who do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    It's like buying a used car, if it has more mileage you wouldn't be willing to buy it as much
    But it rides better with more mileage (sort of messed up this analogy but oh well)

ReputationRep:
    The Kardashians would disagree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    because apparently being a f*ck boy is more acceptable and praise worthy to society than being a 'slut' when its pretty much the same thing but its not good if the girl does it smh

not that i am one, its just the gender norm annoys me
    If a man sleeps around he's not getting looser and pregnant. If looking just for a one night stand, it's the woman who chooses whether you can sleep together or not generally.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    The Kardashians would disagree.
    I have strong hate for them & I don't hate anyone else

Spoiler:
    Show

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: png IMG_0526.PNG (22.6 KB)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 20, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.