Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys: Why is being "Slutty" wrong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    All sexual intercourse before marriage is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Threads like these are absolute cancer because the thread starter usually ****s off after making the thread and gives no input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    I have strong hate for them & I don't hate anyone else

Spoiler:
    Show
    Omgsh strong words but seriously everyone needs to stop "keeping up with them". Their 10-year limelight (or how long it is) needs to fade now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treeroy)
    Yes, they literally do...
    Girls are menstruating at a much earlier age these days, so I don't buy that men have always have been attracted to youth for fertility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Type A, Type B, and Type C are entirely interlinked. Women are not discrete characters, there is no such type.

Type A is hot because she's also type B so takes pride in her appearance and puts effort into looking hot. But type C is also type B because type C wouldn't likely be in a clubbing environment unless she didn't like alcohol, and she wouldn't likely end up hooking up if she didn't like sex. Type C is also Type A because she can get whoever she wants and can't be dealing with commitment.

To reduce women to such simple "types" just shows lack of experience on your behalf, apart from the vanilla fantasies of oShapo's fumbling right hand.

Girls sleep around because they like sex. I know that is a foreign concept to some of you, and you'd rather think of promiscuity as stemming from emotional damage, or a means to control, but they like sex just as much as men. That is all there is to it.
    I personally am against putting people in boxes, but the idea of types isn't about taxonomising women, rather understanding the behaviour that people refer to, derogatorily, as slutty. I believe, from my own experience, it stems from 3 types of people.

Let me put what I said in terms that don't refer to women at all.
    I believe the idea of 'sluts' stems from 3 personality types.

Type A is the type of individual that avoids any kind of responsibility or long term relationship. Thy're the people who don't want commitment and thus prefer shorter term interactions. As I said before, there isn't anything inherently wrong with them. Future mates, however, may be put off by this because of fear and insecurity.

Personality type B is the type of personality which takes main interest in partying and enjoying 'the life'. They don't normally have any other interests. This personality type belongs to both women and men. However, it's only termed slutty when it comes to girls (****boys for men?). Again, nothing inherently wrong with them but some find them boring and thus see their behaviour as negative.

Personality type C is the most general type, from my experience. They're just people who (like those above) enjoy sex, but have no problems with commitment and aren't generally obsessed with club life.

I didn't say all type As are hot, or that all hot girls are type A. Also, I didn't say that type Cs don't enjoy sex and alcohol. What I said is that they're not boring in the sense that they have other aspirations in life other than partying hard or screwing a hot person and looking fit.

In short my comment wasn't about putting girls into groups, rather putting the different types of behaviour that people associate with slutiness into groups.

So how about you learn some reading comprehension and think before you comment about my masturbatory habits? Also never assume dexterousness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)

Type A is hot because she's also type B so takes pride in her appearance and puts effort into looking hot.
    You're saying that hot girls or guys that can't commit to long term relationships and thus sleep with different people, are also people who care about nothing but sex and partying? I know a few individuals that sleep with different partners but also have amazing interests and are incredibly talented.

ReputationRep:
    Chlamydia, ghonorhea etc. and you can't trust her to be faithful, maybe one guy isn't enough for her.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coolerthanapples)
    If a man sleeps around he's not getting looser and pregnant. If looking just for a one night stand, it's the woman who chooses whether you can sleep together or not generally.
    you know the loose thing is bs right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by oShahpo)
    I personally am against putting people in boxes, but the idea of types isn't about taxonomising women, rather understanding the behaviour that people refer to, derogatorily, as slutty. I believe, from my own experience, it stems from 3 types of people.

Let me put what I said in terms that don't refer to women at all.
    I believe the idea of 'sluts' stems from 3 personality types.

Type A is the type of individual that avoids any kind of responsibility or long term relationship. Thy're the people who don't want commitment and thus prefer shorter term interactions. As I said before, there isn't anything inherently wrong with them. Future mates, however, may be put off by this because of fear and insecurity.

Personality type B is the type of personality which takes main interest in partying and enjoying 'the life'. They don't normally have any other interests. This personality type belongs to both women and men. However, it's only termed slutty when it comes to girls (****boys for men?). Again, nothing inherently wrong with them but some find them boring and thus see their behaviour as negative.

Personality type C is the most general type, from my experience. They're just people who (like those above) enjoy sex, but have no problems with commitment and aren't generally obsessed with club life.

I didn't say all type As are hot, or that all hot girls are type A. Also, I didn't say that type Cs don't enjoy sex and alcohol. What I said is that they're not boring in the sense that they have other aspirations in life other than partying hard or screwing a hot person and looking fit.

In short my comment wasn't about putting girls into groups, rather putting the different types of behaviour that people associate with slutiness into groups.

So how about you learn some reading comprehension and think before you comment about my masturbatory habits? Also never assume dexterousness.
    why

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not wrong.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 20, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.