Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

CR Exam - 17th July watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So... what did we all make of that CR paper then!?

Personally thought it was a bit of a shambles really. Some pretty rogue stuff coming up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Kre)
    So... what did we all make of that CR paper then!?

Personally thought it was a bit of a shambles really. Some pretty rogue stuff coming up.
    If the professional level ones (FAR, AA, TC) I just sat are anything to go by I can imagine... they were pretty rogue too...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the exam was tough! Not enough time to understand the issues and write a good answer

ReputationRep:
    I really struggled and all of my friends are saying the same - even the ones who usually find exams the easiest have found it all a bit **** really. Gives me hope they're gonna have to scale it a bit... otherwise don't think I'm anywhere close to 50% tbh.

Literally none of the nice and easy/straightforward bits came up in the way they did in past papers which in itself is a bit of joke I think. How can you prepare when the real deal is so different? I'm actually quite annoyed as I was feeling ok about CR before. Gah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feng90210)
    Yeah the exam was tough! Not enough time to understand the issues and write a good answer
    (Original post by ohdrama)
    I really struggled and all of my friends are saying the same - even the ones who usually find exams the easiest have found it all a bit **** really. Gives me hope they're gonna have to scale it a bit... otherwise don't think I'm anywhere close to 50% tbh.

Literally none of the nice and easy/straightforward bits came up in the way they did in past papers which in itself is a bit of joke I think. How can you prepare when the real deal is so different? I'm actually quite annoyed as I was feeling ok about CR before. Gah.
    How did you two get on in the end?

I ended up getting 80% which was quite surprising considering the weird stuff which came up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kre)
    How did you two get on in the end?

I ended up getting 80% which was quite surprising considering the weird stuff which came up.

Congrats

Ended up with 74, god knows how! Majority of my friends passed too - in fact SBM seemed to be worse in terms of the marking in comparison. They must've scaled it quite a bit I think. Don't think everyone having a really bad feeling coming out of the exam and still passing is just down to luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohdrama)
    Congrats

Ended up with 74, god knows how! Majority of my friends passed too - in fact SBM seemed to be worse in terms of the marking in comparison. They must've scaled it quite a bit I think. Don't think everyone having a really bad feeling coming out of the exam and still passing is just down to luck.
    Congrats! Yeah I know everyone I spoke to thought they pretty much failed it but most ended up passing anyway, must have been scaled, though the ICAEW would never admit that.

I thought SBM was pretty easy, and was expecting a mark in the 70s - ended up with 78. Was very shocked I did better in CR!

Just case now left to go... I'm so done with exams.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.