Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Do guys think into it if a girl follows them on Instagram? Watch

Basically, I used to like this guy at my school. He was a year older than me. We knew eachother but only ever had group conversations, never really one to one. I saw him the other day when he came back from uni and he recognised me, but we just kinda acknowledged eachother for an entire two hours cause he was working.

Would he think into it if I followed him on ig? I know people say not to follow crushes, but i'm literally just curious to see if he follows me back. Is it a good idea? And do guys read into things?

ReputationRep:
    He'd probably think into it more if he's single.

ReputationRep:
    What do you like about him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, I used to like this guy at my school. He was a year older than me. We knew eachother but only ever had group conversations, never really one to one. I saw him the other day when he came back from uni and he recognised me, but we just kinda acknowledged eachother for an entire two hours cause he was working.

Would he think into it if I followed him on ig? I know people say not to follow crushes, but i'm literally just curious to see if he follows me back. Is it a good idea? And do guys read into things?
    wth is so deep about following someone?
    Just send him a request and stop being a ****!

(Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    wth is so deep about following someone?
    Just send him a request and stop being a ****!
    Sorry, I'm just genuinely wondering how guys would see it! As a girl, I don't know what they think.

(Original post by NobleLeather)
    What do you like about him?
    We both studied art and he's a really cool guy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Since when were you not supposed to follow crushes

And he won't read anything into it, even if he did, it'd only be a wondering on his part and is hardly concrete evidence that he could "know" something so it really doesn't matter. If you want to follow him just follow him.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I'm just genuinely wondering how guys would see it! As a girl, I don't know what they think.

tbh if he finds it weird that you'd follow him either you're wasting your time or you have a *lot* of work to do to get where you want to be. Which one that is is really up to you on if you want to push yourself for something that might not work.
    And it's the 21st century, nobody cares about your gender. Try your luck and follow him and if it ruins your chances you didn't have any to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    I think people read far too much into/worry about the smallest things.

I would just follow him if you want to!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really notice it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    No, we don't. Chances are we won't even take much notice either tbh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Translation: He's hot.

ReputationRep:

What's cool about him?

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it. In generally I've found guys are a lot more chilled out and don't overanalyse everything.

ReputationRep:
    you two are acquaintances at least it seems so I don't think he'll see it as anything if you follow him. People follow even people in their year who they never speak to on insta all the time

ReputationRep:
    yes follow him, no big deal, when girls follow me on instagram i don't think much about it.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.