I've been lucky enough to receive offers for Biomedical Sciences from UoM, Soton, and Cardiff. I now have three days left to make my choice and I'm beyond conflicted.
On one hand, Soton has offered me a conditional place and wants me to take the IELTS (I'm an international student), so it's mainly out. I've been through uni drama for 2 years now and can't think of taking another test when I have the option not to.
Manchester's and Cardiff's offers are essentially unconditional, save for some evidence and all that.
I'm trying to make a decision based off of as much research and reading posts here as I can, but since im unable to visit any of these unis before starting, I'm super flustered, so I'm looking for anyone who might be able to help me.
Factors I'm taking into consideration:
1. course/teaching quality
2. student support
3. graduate/employment prospects
4. student diversity while one of my biggest pet peeves is people going abroad to study and making friends solely with others from their own country, as a south asian student, it would be comforting to know there are people somewhere in the surrounding who *look* familiar just as a tiny comfort in a very new country altogether.
5. weekly cost of living (i'd definitely like to save up wherever i can) + is it worth living in any of these places for the price?
6. cost of public transport. since i won't be living in uni accommodation
7. food (this isn't a major point, but its a plus point if halal food is easily available)
8. overall vibe?? this is something i dont think i can grasp by reading up or watching youtube videos.
9. things to do!! i dont expect to have loads of time on my hands everyday, but i find a lot of comfort living somewhere where there's a lot going on around me
10. general safety in terms of going out, staying out a bit late, are there many places which arent safe etc
sorry for the long post! i look forward to any and all advice!
Come and get some inspiration.