Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Should I take the job? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've been offered a job at McDonalds, pay of 6.75 an hour (I'm 18) I was wondering if I should take it, they said I could work up to 5 days a week and some days from 6am-9/10pm, I'm probably going to take a gap year to retake modules unless I achieved better grades than I think I have and then go to uni. I'm not sure if I'd like working here with the reviews I've seen, and the manager said he's not looking for someone to quit after a few months. Ideally I wanted to work there a few months quit and re-apply elsewhere. Should I accept this job and start working, or look at other places my preferred environment is retail (shop-based) but it's really hard to get into :/
    On another note, could someone check my CV if I PM them

ReputationRep:
    The manager is just saying that because of business interests. You are more important than McD, remember, so don't feel like you have to stay on past a few months if you don't want to (unless there's something in the contract). You can also apply to other jobs while working at McD, or put down McD as work experience to help in your search for retail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckystars)
    The manager is just saying that because of business interests. You are more important than McD, remember, so don't feel like you have to stay on past a few months if you don't want to (unless there's something in the contract). You can also apply to other jobs while working at McD, or put down McD as work experience to help in your search for retail.
    Ah ok thank you I was just worried he would give a bad reference if I ever applied to future jobs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisteria_xo)
    Ah ok thank you I was just worried he would give a bad reference if I ever applied to future jobs
    It would be difficult for him to give a bad reference because it is easy for you to take legal action against it (if you did nothing wrong, just left). I mean, he's got unrealistic expectations anyway- who wants to stay working for McDonald's their whole life? Best of luck x

https://www.gov.uk/work-reference

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.