Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Is there anything that a southerner/northerner does you find annoying/weird? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    A small town in Wiltshire

Whereabouts in London you from?
    I have a few friends that live in Wiltshire! It's near Bath right?..
    I live in Kensington

ReputationRep:
    How some up north pronounce their a's!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Why does Birmingham/Liverpool happen to be one of the few cities where JD Sports has an eveningwear department?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boredom101)
    I have a few friends that live in Wiltshire! It's near Bath right?..
    I live in Kensington
    ah cool! Whereabouts? and yeah not far! (depending where in the county you are lol. Not far for me but for Salisbury would be ages!)

Ah fancy! My ex lived in Kensington for ten years but lives in Wimbledon now (She went to school in Knightsbridge)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    I will have to tell them I'm straight for the last question. Don't wanna be killed.
    Lol, that's so true.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Being born and raised in S. London - you'd be shocked to find there are no Morleys, just fish and chip or kebab grill bars when you step out the ends...

ReputationRep:
    She'll be an import. Fresh off the boat.

It surprises me. Us southerners don't talk to each other cause we're socially awkward.

😂😂😂👌👌👌

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    😂😂😂👌👌👌
    She'll be here to claim that British passport then leave me once she gets one.

ReputationRep:
    ah cool! Whereabouts? and yeah not far! (depending where in the county you are lol. Not far for me but for Salisbury would be ages!)

Ah fancy! My ex lived in Kensington for ten years but lives in Wimbledon now (She went to school in Knightsbridge)
    Wow thats super interesting! Omg Knightsbridge is so close to me, I live in South Kensington. Wimbledon is such a nice area as well, I personally love it.
    Some of my them live in Warminster and the others live in Chippenham (I think thats what both counties are called anyway).

ReputationRep:
    She'll be here to claim that British passport then leave me once she gets one.
    THATS SO TRUE 😂😂😂
    She will leave you to marry a gora.

ReputationRep:
    THATS SO TRUE 😂😂😂
    She will leave you to marry a gora.
    Then I'll have to find another girl who's fresh off the boat to marry so she can claim that passport too. It'll be a never ending circle :lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boredom101)
    Wow thats super interesting! Omg Knightsbridge is so close to me, I live in South Kensington. Wimbledon is such a nice area as well, I personally love it.
    Some of my them live in Warminster and the others live in Chippenham (I think thats what both counties are called anyway).
    Ah cool! Right near Harrods she went! Wimbledon is nice. Havent been for ages though

Ah cool. have never really been to Warminster, but I went to sixth form in Chippenham! Its my nearest Train Station! An hour into Paddington which is good and 10 mins into Bath and 25-30 to Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Then I'll have to find another girl who's fresh off the boat to marry so she can claim that passport too. It'll be a never ending circle :lol:
    I feel sorry for you, do you know what you should do? Run from the wedding, like those actors from Bollywood. 😂

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for you, do you know what you should do? Run from the wedding, like those actors from Bollywood. 😂
    When I said I want to help the poor this isn't what I had in mind I'll run away and move to a different country and change my identity 😂

ReputationRep:
    When I said I want to help the poor this isn't what I had in mind I'll run away and move to a different country and change my identity 😂
    Do that! But your parents will still want you to get married to a girl of their choice. Unless you runaway and get married with the girl of your choice.

ReputationRep:
    Do that! But your parents will still want you to get married to a girl of their choice. Unless you runaway and get married with the girl of your choice.
    Hmm... Get married to a girl of my choice? That's too difficult for me 😂 I'm gonna struggle to find anyone to like me. Arranged marriage here I come! 😂

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool! Right near Harrods she went! Wimbledon is nice. Havent been for ages though

Ah cool. have never really been to Warminster, but I went to sixth form in Chippenham! Its my nearest Train Station! An hour into Paddington which is good and 10 mins into Bath and 25-30 to Bristol
    Really? They've got great schools there, I used to go to school near Regent Street.
    Woww you're in a super convenient location, everything seems accessible!
    I've always wanted to go to Wiltshire! It seems like such a tranquil place, do you enjoy it there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
    Southerners shove the letter "r" into many words? Barth? Largh? And don't get me started on how they pronounce scone...
    We say loff for Laugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    Being born and raised in S. London - you'd be shocked to find there are no Morleys, just fish and chip or kebab grill bars when you step out the ends...
    Definitely experienced this. I found it soooo HARD to find a decent chicken shop.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... Get married to a girl of my choice? That's too difficult for me 😂 I'm gonna struggle to find anyone to like me. Arranged marriage here I come! 😂
    Then there goes a girl with a passport...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2017
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.