Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Health Horrors... Acne? Asthma? Weight Management? Eczema? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would love to get some research on how many students have the following heath issues OR know of anyone with these conditions:
    Acne, any skin condition (psoriasis, eczema, dry skin etc), Stomach issues (IBS, Crohn's etc), Mobility problems, Weight Management (weight loss/or gain), Sport injuries/recovery, Immunity (overall health/immune system/hay fever/allergies etc)
    Who has animals, with any health issues or wounds?
    Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    Is eczema really that bad?😭

ReputationRep:
    Lyk dis if u cri evry teim eczema sufferers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    Unfortunately for some people yes
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Moved to health

I suffer from psoriasis and people think "oh it just makes your skin itchy and scaly" but its so much more. Its an autoimmune disease, not just a skin problem and it often leads to a specific form of arthritis and can affect your nails too, which it has for me. Its unsightly, itchy, painful, it spreads and is more than what people often think it is.Sucks there's no cure for it

I also have bowel problems too but at least those kind of conditions are more understood by most people than psoriasis.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by black1blade)
    I've had it bad; so yes. I've pretty grown out of it with just a few patches / spots on my thighs.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I ve asthma eczema and hayfever, mostly controlled with daily drugs but had the first time in years where my reliever inhaler wouldn't work last week and that was pretty frightening

ReputationRep:
    I probably have the worst combo, overweight (not obese though, (yes they are different)) and acne. I dare you to beat me

ReputationRep:
    I have asthma and eczema. I cri evritym.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessdaly_xo)
    I would love to get some research on how many students have the following heath issues OR know of anyone with these conditions:
    Acne, any skin condition (psoriasis, eczema, dry skin etc), Stomach issues (IBS, Crohn's etc), Mobility problems, Weight Management (weight loss/or gain), Sport injuries/recovery, Immunity (overall health/immune system/hay fever/allergies etc)
    Thanks for your help
    Have you considered making a survey on a site like SurveyMonkey and linking it here? I'm sure a fair few people would be willing to respond (I know I would). You could also take advantage of TSRs poll function.

As far as I go, I am no longer a student (would have just finished uni, but had to drop out for medical reasons). I do have a few health conditions though. I am/ have been diagnosed with:

Eczema (in my ears of all places!)
    Mild acne
    IBS
    Autoimmune Hypothyroidism
    Vitamin D deficiency
    Past Mental health issues (Depression and OCD)
    ADD and Dyslexia
    I think that's it (and we are currently looking into if I have further issues)

I also know/ have known people in education with various issues like eczema, arthritis, hay fever, asthma, depression, severe acne etc.
    You'll often find that a lot more people than you would have thought have some form of health issue, even with young people.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessdaly_xo)
    Thanks for your help
    what were you planning on doing in terms of your research? Your question is somewhat vague.

ReputationRep:
    Currently just hypothyroidism for me but I had anaemia, bulimia nervosa, scoliosis oh and I do have acne so that's nice too

My friend has psoriasis and got bullied when he was younger but has learnt to ignore it really well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 18, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.