Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Kurdish Intelligence: Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi "definitely alive" Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    In yet another development in the Al Baghdadi story, a senior Kurdish intelligence official has said he is "99% sure" that ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi is still alive.

This comes after claims from multiple sources that Baghdadi had been killed in an airstrike.

Honestly, I don't know who to believe at this point. So many different organisations are claiming so many different things and it's getting out of hand. Thoughts?

Full Story:
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mi...-idUSKBN1A20JD
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    In yet another development in the Al Baghdadi story, a senior Kurdish intelligence official has said he is "99% sure" that ISIS Leader Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi is still alive.

This comes after claims from multiple sources that Baghdadi had been killed in an airstrike.

Honestly, I don't know who to believe at this point. So many different organisations are claiming so many different things and it's getting out of hand. Thoughts?

Full Story:
    Someone does not want to stop bombing the r̶e̶b̶e̶l̶s̶ terrorists.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Reports of Baghdadi being killed have been coming out sporadically through different arab news outlets for the last couple of years. Until one is corroborated by a major outlet or government statement, these reports aren't really worth paying attention to.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Reports of Baghdadi being killed have been coming out sporadically through different arab news outlets for the last couple of years. Until one is corroborated by a major outlet or government statement, these reports aren't really worth paying attention to.
    The last confirmation was different in that Russia claimed they had killed him, THEN the Syrian Observatory For Human Rights came out and said they had evidence so it was certainly news worthy.

ReputationRep:
    This guy has been resurrected more times than Beric Dondarrion.

ReputationRep:

Full Story:
    It's like Elvis & Tupac I tell ya

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Either way his presence around ISIS has died. I wouldn’t be surprised if he died but ISIS won’t admit it, he doesn’t make a difference to the group, he’s a coward.

All the power lies in the regional divisions not in the central, that’s just where ideology came from. Also Baghdadi’s history does raise questions… conspiracy type questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    This guy has been resurrected more times than Beric Dondarrion.
    Funny and topical, my favourite 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Full Story:
    Who gives a fu*k?

ReputationRep:
    This is why "pics or it didn't happen" matters.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    Either way his presence around ISIS has died. I wouldn’t be surprised if he died but ISIS won’t admit it, he doesn’t make a difference to the group, he’s a coward.

All the power lies in the regional divisions not in the central, that’s just where ideology came from. Also Baghdadi’s history does raise questions… conspiracy type questions.
    Elaborate

(Original post by Meany Pie)
    This is why "pics or it didn't happen" matters.
    Do you say the same about Bin Laden?

ReputationRep:
    What makes the official so sure ?

ReputationRep:
    Do you say the same about Bin Laden?
    Without a doubt, the story we were given had more plot holes than a Michael Bay film.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt, the story we were given had more plot holes than a Michael Bay film.
    Apparently the SEALs got too carried away with their weapons, pumping 100+ bullets into his corpse. That's just a rumour though.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the SEALs got too carried away with their weapons, pumping 100+ bullets into his corpse. That's just a rumour though.
    I struggle to believe that highly trained special forces operatives "got carried away" on what was probably one of their most high profile missions in their history.

ReputationRep:
    Chase the Bas**d to the edges of the world.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I struggle to believe that highly trained special forces operatives "got carried away" on what was probably one of their most high profile missions in their history.
    We are talking about the Americans here. PTSD, broken families and war in general take their toll. It's not out of the realms of possibility, but it is unlikely. They'd probably have released the body regardless.

Edit: I would argue the fact that Bin Laden was the target makes this hypothesis more believable. They're all so drunk on patriotic, nationalist fervour over there.

ReputationRep:
    We are talking about the Americans here. PTSD, broken families and war in general take their toll. It's not out of the realms of possibility, but it is unlikely. They'd probably have released the body regardless.
    They are still special forces. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this was a cover up.

ReputationRep:
    Bag Daddy is morally dead and always has been.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    They are still special forces. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but this was a cover up.
    So what do you think happened then?

(Original post by the bear)
    Bag Daddy is morally dead and always has been.
    He probably still thinks he's in the right and that "Allah" will reward him for his actions. :facepalm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2017
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.