Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview invitation for Adult Nursing in Brighton University as I applied for clearing. I'm nervous about the numeracy and literacy tests and the Interview questions. Anyone who got an interview for the same thing got any advice? and it would help if someone who did the same tests in adult nursing tell me what the question was for literacy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmanuelAquino)
    Just got an interview invitation for Adult Nursing in Brighton University as I applied for clearing. I'm nervous about the numeracy and literacy tests and the Interview questions. Anyone who got an interview for the same thing got any advice? and it would help if someone who did the same tests in adult nursing tell me what the question was for literacy
    Hi, forum members are not able to discuss specific university interview details on TSR, however I may be able to help a bit. I didn't apply to Brighton but applied to two other universities & got two interview for adult nursing.
    The literacy test maybe an essay style question or a comprehension test, both my literacy tests were not even gcse level so theres no need the worry about it too much.
    For the numeracy, you may be allowed a calculator so check before hand, but it tends to be addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals & percentages. Revising in the BBC bitesize website will help you prepare.
    For the individual interview, think about your relevant work experience, relevant academic & personal skills, why you want to study adult nursing, why you want to study at Brighton, the role of an adult nurse, the different environments nurses work in, what makes you different from other candidates & how you will manage with the demands of the course.
    It will also help you to search the forum as the topic of nursing interviews & Brighton university has been discussed before.
    I hope this helps, good luck at your interview.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.