Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

How do some people have so many friends? Watch

I just wanna know how some people have so many friends or know so many people. Like some people in my year at uni are at different events every week with different people, or just seem to belong in loads of different friendship/social groups both inside and outside of uni, like how???

I have stayed in touched with 3 people from my secondary school and only have a handful of close friends at university and that's it. I have lost touch with so many friends from school over time or can't seem to sustain long term friendships. How are some people such social butterflies????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just wanna know how some people have so many friends or know so many people. Like some people in my year at uni are at different events every week with different people, or just seem to belong in loads of different friendship/social groups both inside and outside of uni, like how???

I have stayed in touched with 3 people from my secondary school and only have a handful of close friends at university and that's it. I have lost touch with so many friends from school over time or can't seem to sustain long term friendships. How are some people such social butterflies????
    Because they make the effort. I don't make the effort because I'm extremely intolerant of other people, and most aren't worth my time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Making yourself available for people makes it more likely for you to increase your friends circle.
    Some people are just naturally more affable. But so long as you've got good friends it doesn't matter how many there are.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 17, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.