Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else use this website to feel less lonely Watch

ReputationRep:
    That's kinda sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Lol, loadssssssss.

From the year 11/12/13 threads, to the IB forum to random group chats with TSRians. Tons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's great to hear !!
    Have you met up with any of them in person ?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    That's great to hear !!
    Have you met up with any of them in person ?
    Yeah, a few at some banking events. A couple out clubbing. Some visiting their unis. And a few just to catch up over food.

Sucks because they all live pretty far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, a few at some banking events. A couple out clubbing. Some visiting their unis. And a few just to catch up over food.

Sucks because they all live pretty far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That really good. It's great how the perhaps unsocial nature of a lot of TSR members can actually lead them to make friends with similar individuals from all over the place and then meet in person. A lot of friendships must've been caused through this platform. I mean personally I still speak to someone regularly who I started speaking to back in year 10/11 and now I just finished my first year at uni and we still chat. It's great ahha

ReputationRep:
    Well we're wasting our summer on tsr while most people are wasting it on social media or doing cool things just to post it on social media.

ReputationRep:
    My whole internet use is based on trying to fill a lonely void of existential alienating dread. :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    Well we're wasting our summer on tsr while most people are wasting it on social media or doing cool things just to post it on social media.
    Yeh I kinda fall in that last group of people ; been doing various activities I've always wanted to do cause it will make for a good Snapchat story and hopefully people will think I actually have a life and I'm not just sitting at home bored out of my mind....

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I kinda fall in that last group of people ; been doing various activities I've always wanted to do cause it will make for a good Snapchat story and hopefully people will think I actually have a life and I'm not just sitting at home bored out of my mind....
    That's why I refuse to get fb/ sc/ insta. Too much pressure. :/

If you are an introvert/ a person with social anxiety you will most likely humiliate yourself on there.

Just tumblr an tsr for me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenofswords)
    That's why I refuse to get fb/ sc/ insta. Too much pressure. :/

If you are an introvert/ a person with social anxiety you will most likely humiliate yourself on there.

Just tumblr an tsr for me
    How do you survive/maintain contact with mates without any of those?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you survive/maintain contact with mates without any of those?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whatsapp/ imessages/ email/ writing letters

Spoiler:
    Show

last one = jk

ReputationRep:
    I feel somewhat happier to know I am not the only one
    Ok so idk I feel like when I'm lonely I tend to use this website to vent or ask questions cause I typically get a lot of responses when I post and then it makes me feel better cause I feel like people are acknowledging me and so it's nice

Anyone else use this website as a coping mechanism for being lonely and bored cause this summer is just so long and boring it seems. I'm not enjoying it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverAQx)
    I feel somewhat happier to know I am not the only one
    Yeh I'm glad this thread has become a good place for everyone to share how they feel about using this as a means of improving their mental wellbeing and it's nice to see people aren't afraid to admit the same type of feeling towards wanting to use this site
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Oh you're back.
    Not completely. Only when boredom has hit a depressing low.

ReputationRep:
    I use it to pass time whilst I'm waiting for results day...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    not completely. Only when boredom has hit a depressing low.
    where's your hat m8??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.