Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Credit transfer to Open University Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    I recently (2014) finished a 3 year degree at university in BSc environmental health but I only managed to achieve an ordinary degree in combined studies not environmental health.

I'm looking to transfer credit to a course for geography and environmental studies. I have applied for credit transfer but is this still possible even though I have had a chance to complete a degree?

Also I intend to become a geography teacher so will the credit I have gained at my first university be enough to get me into the final year course at the open university degree to enable me to complete?

And with the qualification of the degree will I say for example have a 2:2/2:1/1st BSc in geography and environmental studies. I understand a first is proabably not possible. Or will I have to study further....?

Finally at open university do the full time year courses run for October to October or February to February? Or do they run from October to may like a normal university?

Sorry for all the questions
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Iamlallerthanu)
    I recently (2014) finished a 3 year degree at university in BSc environmental health but I only managed to achieve an ordinary degree in combined studies not environmental health.

I'm looking to transfer credit to a course for geography and environmental studies. I have applied for credit transfer but is this still possible even though I have had a chance to complete a degree?

Also I intend to become a geography teacher so will the credit I have gained at my first university be enough to get me into the final year course at the open university degree to enable me to complete?

And with the qualification of the degree will I say for example have a 2:2/2:1/1st BSc in geography and environmental studies. I understand a first is proabably not possible. Or will I have to study further....?

Finally at open university do the full time year courses run for October to October or February to February? Or do they run from October to may like a normal university?

Have you contacted the credit transfer unit?
    http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-transfer/contact-us

Im not sure the OU allows you to transfer credits in that way as you have already cashed out your degree? Anyway good luck.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Iamlallerthanu)

Have you contacted the credit transfer unit?
    http://www.open.ac.uk/study/credit-transfer/contact-us

Im not sure the OU allows you to transfer credits in that way as you have already cashed out your degree? Anyway good luck. Hope im wrong.

It says
    Credit Transfer
    Use your previous study to help you gain an OU qualification
    If you have previously studied at the Higher Education level you may be able to count your study towards an Open University qualification.

For example if you have: studied some modules or courses at university level
    completed part of a degree
    completed a professional or vocational qualification listed on the Ofqual register completed an HNC or HND

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.