Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I am searching for a bachelors photography course that I would be able to fit around my full-time job. Unfortunately, all of the courses I've found offer part time mixed day and evening options only, and I feel there must be some unis I am missing. I am looking for either evening part time course or evening plus weekends. Has anyone seen anything that fits the criteria by any chance?
    I am aware there is an option for distance learning. I may be way too conservative, but I do not really believe it will give me the same as the real uni experience can offer. I feel it is really important to have collaborative study, meet other students and, well, have some sort of a student social life as a bonus :-)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Hraban)
    Hello,
    I am searching for a bachelors photography course that I would be able to fit around my full-time job. Unfortunately, all of the courses I've found offer part time mixed day and evening options only, and I feel there must be some unis I am missing. I am looking for either evening part time course or evening plus weekends. Has anyone seen anything that fits the criteria by any chance?
    I am aware there is an option for distance learning. I may be way too conservative, but I do not really believe it will give me the same as the real uni experience can offer. I feel it is really important to have collaborative study, meet other students and, well, have some sort of a student social life as a bonus :-)
    Part time undergraduate degrees are pretty rare now. Unfortunately the funding and demand for them has plumetted so few universities offer them - particularly in creative courses like photography.

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/photog...rs?next-year=1 is the only course I can find that might be manageable with a full time job (but would mean flexing your hours to work over 4 days and spending all your free time working on your degree).

Are you interested in a commercial/fashion/journalism based photography course or a fine art photography course?

There might be more options if you'd consider a foundation degree (equivalent to the first 2 years of a degree or an HND) - these are often delivered at FE colleges and so they're more likely to be used to people studying alongside work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Part time undergraduate degrees are pretty rare now. Unfortunately the funding and demand for them has plumetted so few universities offer them - particularly in creative courses like photography.

https://www.westminster.ac.uk/photog...rs?next-year=1 is the only course I can find that might be manageable with a full time job (but would mean flexing your hours to work over 4 days and spending all your free time working on your degree).

Are you interested in a commercial/fashion/journalism based photography course or a fine art photography course?

There might be more options if you'd consider a foundation degree (equivalent to the first 2 years of a degree or an HND) - these are often delivered at FE colleges and so they're more likely to be used to people studying alongside work.
    Hey, thanks for the reply. I am unfortunately not able to sacrifice one day out of 5 in a working week. Thing is, I am looking to get it done not for professional reasons, but purely for self-development, to broaden my skillset and view on things, and to get to work with other like minded people. I want a structured way to study photography as a fine art, with options to experiment with different approaches and get an in-depth feedback on my work. The crucial moments here are structured education and collaborative work.

No courses I have seen so far offer anything beyond "short course" that lasts a couple of weeks or a month at most and does not naturally follow further topics. Also, they all seem to be aimed at the technical side of things, but my experience is way beyond the camera operation - I am not looking for the basics, I am instead looking to improve my work from the artistic and aesthetic side, and become a better photographer.

FE colleges is indeed a good idea, but there is only one single place in London with a pretty shady website providing close to no information - http://tandemeducation.com/courses-outline/. They also offer distance learning that scares me off a little

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.