Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

i am worried about my GCSE's Watch

ReputationRep:
    it is shortly GCSE Results day and i am worried about my GCSE's as i need 5 A*-C or Grade 9-4 and i am not confident in myself i have looked at the predicted mark schemes on this website and they do not match my answers i am so passionate and enthusiastic to do a levels at new college nottingham if i am passionate and enthusiastic would the college consider putting me on a levels being as i am passionate and enthusiastic i think i have got at least 1 grade 4 would they do this i am worried

ReputationRep:
    Join the very large boat

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the course/s you want to do. At my college you do need 5 gcse's A*-C to do A Levels, or you would be put on a level 2 course, which is equivalent to a few GCSEs and after passing this (takes a year), then you could do A levels. If you get english and maths and one other subject, you might get a chance to, but I doubt you would with one GCSE. Best to wait until results day, you'll do a lot better than you think, I thought I'd passed 2, turns out I passed 8. Just wait it out, the next 5 weeks will fly by, so try not to worry.

ReputationRep:
    Doubt they'd let u do A levels if u only got one 4. If ur struggling to pass GCSE exams how are u gonna pass A levels?

ReputationRep:
    could i do my english language,english lit and maths in november pass them as with most exams i pass second time and then have my current C Grade which makes 4 will they accept 4 Grades 9-4 rathar than 5 would that be a possibility ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamlarner)
    could i do my english language,english lit and maths in november pass them as with most exams i pass second time and then have my current C Grade which makes 4 will they accept 4 Grades 9-4 rathar than 5 would that be a possibility ?
    Every college/sixth form is different so I think after results day you need to get in touch with them and talk it through. However at the moment you don't know what you got (you may have done better than you think) so my advice would be to keep busy and take your mind off it, and if you didn't do as well as you'd hoped then you'll just have to face it when it comes to it, but there isn't anything you can do now.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    it is shortly GCSE Results day and i am worried about my GCSE's as i need 5 A*-C or Grade 9-4 and i am not confident in myself i have looked at the predicted mark schemes on this website and they do not match my answers i am so passionate and enthusiastic to do a levels at new college nottingham if i am passionate and enthusiastic would the college consider putting me on a levels being as i am passionate and enthusiastic i think i have got at least 1 grade 4 would they do this i am worried
    Honestly, I did my GCSEs last year and I absolutely lost my sanity looking at the predicted mark schemes, as I thought I had lost so many marks.
    Naturally because of this, and seeing the grade boundaries the day before Results Day, I came into Results Day absolutely petrified for lack of a better word xD

I ended up with an amazing set of results after all that stressing so I would say is PLEASE enjoy your summer, you will regret it if you don't come September when you start A-Levels as the jump is really quite something of a joke. It's okay to be worried, but I'd definitely try and leave that behind until say the day before Results Day

All the best and good luck when the day comes

ReputationRep:
    I think we're all worried.

ReputationRep:
    worrying about gcses is human people who dont worry about gcses arent human

ReputationRep:
    hop on

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried aswell gal
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I think they made a TSR Article about this today...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    I think they made a TSR Article about this today...
    They have indeed my fellow CA. It was on "Today on TSR" but the link is here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/gcs...se-results-day - I happened to be included in this article :P

ReputationRep:
    If you don't make the grades, they're unlikely to let you on the A-level courses. The requirements exist so that people don't go on a course they will struggle with and get an E. You can retake a few GCSEs along with some Level 2 courses (equivalent to GCSEs), then if you do well, you can do A-levels in your 2nd and 3rd year.

Don't give too much weight to unofficial mark schemes. They can often be wrong.

(Original post by PhilDanthropist)
    worrying about gcses is human people who dont worry about gcses arent human
    Greetings fellow humans - anyone able to tell me what species I am xD?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMindGarage)

Greetings fellow humans - anyone able to tell me what species I am xD?

satan so fallen angel???

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.