Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gift ideas for a woman who is 'Barbie/Katie Price' obsessed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    All things fluffy, sparkly, baby pink tones....Nothing breakable as gifts will be bought online.
    I've got as far as a matte liquid lipstick (milkshake) by Anastasia Beverly Hills.

ReputationRep:
    I think Katie Price has a new single out. (I'm not joking)

(Original post by GreekTea)
      All things fluffy, sparkly, baby pink tones....Nothing breakable as gifts will be bought online.
      I've got as far as a matte liquid lipstick (milkshake) by Anastasia Beverly Hills.
      A clue.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tootles)
      A clue.

I was going to say a book.

ReputationRep:
      Buy pink things and make them look pretty.
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      a Barbie doll

ReputationRep:
      Depends how much you're willing to spend and whether you know what they already own as well! Would suggest things such as a Naked palette by Urban Decay, a halo light (for illuminating selfies), nail polishes, fluffy slippers, a puppy, a designer handbag/purse, a selection of fake eyelashes... There's quite a lot to choose from really but unfortunately it's all expensive 😂
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tehforum)
      Beat me to the snarky response.

I was going to say a book.

I'd rather throw the book at her tbh.
      You would throw a book at a 13 year old girl with cancer? Nice.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by carrotstar)
      Depends how much you're willing to spend and whether you know what they already own as well! Would suggest things such as a Naked palette by Urban Decay, a halo light (for illuminating selfies), nail polishes, fluffy slippers, a puppy, a designer handbag/purse, a selection of fake eyelashes... There's quite a lot to choose from really but unfortunately it's all expensive 😂
      The selfie thing is a good one thanks! the girl has terminal cancer so i guess the selfies will help her parents when the time comes Nice of you to leave a genuine response. Such a shame some people are so quick to jump to conclusions and preach judgement when they walk imperfectly themselves.

ReputationRep:
      To be fair though, you did describe said girl as a 'woman' in the thread title....

ReputationRep:
      Go to Claire's accessories (they have sparkly llama bags and pusheen cats)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by serah.exe)
      a Barbie doll
      She's 13 so a bit too old for a barbie doll. If i'd have put her as a child I would have had more toy suggestions so I put woman- Looking for teenager things.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Luluroo)
      Go to Claire's accessories (they have sparkly llama bags and pusheen cats)
      Thanks! Yeah there's one close by.

ReputationRep:
      Why do people immediately jump to the cancer response?
      In your title you say woman not child, implying she's at least 16 if not older. You never mentioned cancer in any of your posts yet as soon as someone says something slightly negative the cancer excuse comes out.

Now i'm not denying either way if she does have cancer and if she genuinely does, my heart goes out to you and your family but you can't use it as a response to something remotely negative (which i read as a joke tbh..)

ReputationRep:
      You should probably change the thread title to girl and not woman..

ReputationRep:
      Pink champagne.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      The selfie thing is a good one thanks! the girl has terminal cancer so i guess the selfies will help her parents when the time comes Nice of you to leave a genuine response. Such a shame some people are so quick to jump to conclusions and preach judgement when they walk imperfectly themselves.
      You're welcome! I'm sorry some people have come up with quite rude responses. You never know what situation someone is in, therefore you have no right to disrespect anyone.
      Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jackieox)
      Why do people immediately jump to the cancer response?
      In your title you say woman not child, implying she's at least 16 if not older. You never mentioned cancer in any of your posts yet as soon as someone says something slightly negative the cancer excuse comes out.

Now i'm not denying either way if she does have cancer and if she genuinely does, my heart goes out to you and your family but you can't use it as a response to something remotely negative (which i read as a joke tbh..)
      If i say child, people assume I have a child and start listing toys as the initial post stated child- so the post was taken down and i changed it to woman. The minute terminal illness is mentioned in a title post, i'm automatically assumed to be a troll. Hardly anyone on this website has any sense of respect for cases like hers and will simply mock and spam my post.

And even if she was a woman. Even if she did not have cancer. NOBODY deserves to have books thrown at them because of the way they look, because of fake tan or blonde hair. So tell me, who shall we target after cancerous children; gays? Blacks or the religious?

Yes she has cancer. Yes she is dying. No she is not a child she is 13 years old and i would like to buy her some nice birthday presents whilst she has time to open them.

Slightly bloody negative- What was the need to comment about throwing books at people? It's not even remotely contributory. Your heart doesn't go out to anybody if you support their decision to put stupid comments on posts or if you support throwing object at anybody.

Cancer is not an excuse it is a disease so If my cousins cancer offends you, you can kindly remove yourself from my post.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by carrotstar)
      You're welcome! I'm sorry some people have come up with quite rude responses. You never know what situation someone is in, therefore you have no right to disrespect anyone.
      I will not tolerate offensive remarks or bullies. Regardless of age, gender, sexuality, ethnicity or health status. It is not kind and it is not necessary. My cousin being ill was not relevant in me buying her birthday presents. I'm not going to be buying them based on the fact that she is ill and I therefore chose not to mention it.
      I can not believe students on here think it is funny to suggest buying girly women such things as a 'clue' and a 'book'. Academic privileges mean nothing without respect and morals.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Batgirl98)
      To be fair though, you did describe said girl as a 'woman' in the thread title....
      There is nothing 'fair' about throwing books at people. That disgusting and quite frankly violent comment wasn't remotely contributory. My question was very simple. I was looking for gift ideas.

You would support the decision to throw a book at a woman, but not a child.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.