Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Statement from the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Statement from the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, The Rt Hon. RayApparently, MP

Statement from the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
    The Rt Hon. RayApparently MP

Dear colleagues, it has been an honour serving as your prime minister. However, after two more productive terms leading my party I have chosen not to stand for re-election. I returned to the leadership of my party to reinvigorate it and to bring it back into power. Now, with a strong and active membership and a extremely promising coalition that task has been accomplished. Past struggles have been overcome. Our present is secure. The future I leave to you.

After a frank and friendly leadership election my party has elected the right honourable Saracen's Fez MP to replace me as leader of the TSR Labour Party. This evening I will be going to the Palace to tender my resignation to Her Majesty the Queen and to recommend Saracen's Fez as prime minister.

As I look back on my time as a member of this House I am amazed by what a strange and wonderful place it is. A place we must all do our bit to protect. Here I have applauded and condemned, been praised and vilified, faced cruelty and been cruel, sinned and been sinned against. Every moment, even the moments I hated, I enjoyed. From this place I have learned more about the primal, beating heart of politics than I could have from any textbook and for that I am very grateful. I will cherish the lessons I have learned.

To my many rivals and foes and all those with whom I squabbled (and no doubt defeated) I say, completely genuinely, that there are no hard feelings. To my friends and colleagues I thank you for all your support and loyalty. The thing that unites us all is that, regardless of our ideology, we care about the world around us. We have some inkling of a better way of doing things. I hope none of you ever succumb to apathy. I hope none of you ever get boring.

To all of you, on both sides of the House, goodbye and good luck.

Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
    Leader of the TSR Labour Party
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Statement from the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, The Rt Hon. RayApparently, MPTo my many rivals and foes and all those with whom I squabbled (and no doubt defeated)
    :erm:... If you say so.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get a sense of Deja Vu?

Congratulations to Saracen's Fez, an already proven Prime Minister.

Congratulations also to RayApparently for all of your successes over the years. I am sure I am not the only one that believes you will be remembered as one of MHOC's greats. You've certainly earned a retirement in a cottage by the sea
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    As a new, friendlier member, let me unload all of the cliches before other members repeat them about not always agreeing but accepting you put the country first, saying you were a stable party leader, wishing you well for the future, expressing my hope that you will remain in the MHoC, and making some unfunny joke about returning to the back benches. As I have done the niceties, I have one big thought which is the truth behind resigning from a position of power.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Ray on a successful resignation, always knew you could do it!

ReputationRep:
    :rip: Ray

Congrats to Fez in becoming PM of this government :clap2:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    To my many rivals and foes and all those with whom I squabbled (and no doubt defeated)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I heavily congratulate Saracen's Fez on his election it will be a pleasure to work with you in Government.

RayApparently thank you for everything that you do, you have made my experience in this place a much more positive one. It has been a pleasure.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Statement from the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, The Rt Hon. RayApparently, MP

Statement from the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom

Dear colleagues, it has been an honour serving as your prime minister. However, after two more productive terms leading my party I have chosen not to stand for re-election. I returned to the leadership of my party to reinvigorate it and to bring it back into power. Now, with a strong and active membership and a extremely promising coalition that task has been accomplished. Past struggles have been overcome. Our present is secure. The future I leave to you.

After a frank and friendly leadership election my party has elected the right honourable Saracen's Fez MP to replace me as leader of the TSR Labour Party. This evening I will be going to the Palace to tender my resignation to Her Majesty the Queen and to recommend Saracen's Fez as prime minister.

As I look back on my time as a member of this House I am amazed by what a strange and wonderful place it is. A place we must all do our bit to protect. Here I have applauded and condemned, been praised and vilified, faced cruelty and been cruel, sinned and been sinned against. Every moment, even the moments I hated, I enjoyed. From this place I have learned more about the primal, beating heart of politics than I could have from any textbook and for that I am very grateful. I will cherish the lessons I have learned.

To my many rivals and foes and all those with whom I squabbled (and no doubt defeated) I say, completely genuinely, that there are no hard feelings. To my friends and colleagues I thank you for all your support and loyalty. The thing that unites us all is that, regardless of our ideology, we care about the world around us. We have some inkling of a better way of doing things. I hope none of you ever succumb to apathy. I hope none of you ever get boring.

To all of you, on both sides of the House, goodbye and good luck.

Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
    Leader of the TSR Labour Party

RayApparently I think this is tremendously well written and you have not done yourself a disservice in your final hours. Although I have not known you extensively, I can perhaps say that from an outsider's perspective, you are respected, revered, feared by some and loved by others and that you are truly one of the greatest to have ever graced this house. I can tell that you will be missed, and I also envisage that come the time when TSR will be boxed away into the distant memory in a hundred years when the internet is a forgotten thing, your legacy will be found, like a cave painting, on the walls of this house, and this site. On behalf of all MPs, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    You've certainly been a prime minister RayApparently. Btw, who did SF defeat to win this title?

I had a number of both positive and negative adjectives to insert but ruled each one out gradually..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's the end of an era! It has been a pleasure working with you over the years and I wish you and your successor all the best.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    RayApparently Thank you for all you have done during my time here on the MHoC, you're a fantastic parliamentarian even though we've been through a rocky phase. There's no doubt that your career on the MHoC remains strong. I wish you all the best.

Saracen's Fez Congratulations on being elected TSR Labour leader and succeeding Ray as Prime Minister. I'm very excited for the future ahead and I look forward to working with you in Government. All the best.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I thank members for their congratulations.

(Original post by Gladstone1885)
    Btw, who did SF defeat to win this title?
    I'll let them come forward if they wish to do so...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    RayApparently I think this is tremendously well written and you have not done yourself a disservice in your final hours. Although I have not known you extensively, I can perhaps say that from an outsider's perspective, you are respected, revered, feared by some and loved by others and that you are truly one of the greatest to have ever graced this house. I can tell that you will be missed, and I also envisage that come the time when TSR will be boxed away into the distant memory in a hundred years when the internet is a forgotten thing, your legacy will be found, like a cave painting, on the walls of this house, and this site. On behalf of all MPs, thank you.
    I did not include those cliches; I shall remember for next time.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I did not include those cliches; I shall remember for next time.
    I made sure I went all guns blazing with the cave painting thing.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Best MHoC PM?

ReputationRep:
    From one former PM to another, well done RayApparently. You fulfilled the role with gusto, style and surely will go down in folklore as one of the best Prime Ministers this house has ever seen.

My sincere congratulations to Saracen's Fez. There are very few of us who get to fill the role of Prime Minister, and you are one of the members of this house who deserves it. I'm looking forward to working with you to help make sure that your term; no matter its length, will be successful in creating a society which gives everyone the potential to thrive.

ReputationRep:
    I wish you all the best.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Anyone else get a sense of Deja Vu?

Congratulations to Saracen's Fez, an already proven Prime Minister.

Congratulations also to RayApparently for all of your successes over the years. I am sure I am not the only one that believes you will be remembered as one of MHOC's greats. You've certainly earned a retirement in a cottage by the sea
    I have no idea what you could possibly mean. Clearly this is a whole new era.

Thank you Petros, I shall enjoy the rest.

(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    As a new, friendlier member, let me unload all of the cliches before other members repeat them about not always agreeing but accepting you put the country first, saying you were a stable party leader, wishing you well for the future, expressing my hope that you will remain in the MHoC, and making some unfunny joke about returning to the back benches. As I have done the niceties, I have one big thought which is the truth behind resigning from a position of power.
    :laugh: Social graces are what seperate us from the animals.

What do you mean by the last sentence though?

(Original post by cBay)
    Congratulations Ray on a successful resignation, always knew you could do it!
    Cheers cBay, second time's the charm. :yy:

(Original post by mr T 999)
    :rip: Ray

Congrats to Fez in becoming PM of this government :clap2:
    I'm not dead.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoffeeGeek)

(Original post by Paracosm)
    I heavily congratulate Saracen's Fez on his election it will be a pleasure to work with you in Government.

RayApparently thank you for everything that you do, you have made my experience in this place a much more positive one. It has been a pleasure.
    I'm glad to hear that, that's probably the best compliment you can get in the MHoC. It was good working with you mate, don't be a stranger.

(Original post by 04MR17)
    I must say I was tempted to copy Cameron and end by saying that "I was the future once" (or perhaps twice?) but thought I might as well try to be vaguely original. Thank you for the generous sentiment though I think it will benefit all our future careers greatly if the rediscovery of this time capsule is in the very distant future. :lol:

(Original post by Gladstone1885)
    You've certainly been a prime minister RayApparently. Btw, who did SF defeat to win this title?

I had a number of both positive and negative adjectives to insert but ruled each one out gradually..
    I certainly have been. :holmes: Alas, I thought I might be able to extract a kind word from a Liber in the final hour but it was not to be.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.