Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    I went gym recently to do arm day , i went really hard and halfway through my arm locked i was no longer able to straighten my arm normally but i carried on , 30 mins after the session until 2 weeks later i couldnt straighten my arm and was holding it like it was broken constantly at 90 degree angle , now ive gone back to gym i cant lift a third of what i was lifting and my arm doesnt hurt but i cant tense it

What should i do to treat this and is this arm weakness permanent?

ReputationRep:
    See a doctor, or ask one of the personal fitness instructors at the gym.

ReputationRep:
    You've learned your lesson. Never go too hard too quickly, or else that happens.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you need to relax the muscles and get some protein, no arm training for awhile sadly. You should’ve stopped after your arm got locked… why on earth have you not seen a GP/PI?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolol123456789)
    i went really hard and halfway through my arm locked i was no longer able to straighten my arm normally but i carried on
    When your body signals you to stop doing stupid shít, what do you do?

Spoiler:
    Show

You carry on:congrats:
    Spoiler:
    Show

When people say no pain no gain...that's not what they mean:facepalm:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2017
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.