Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hooray Trump's Wall is being built 😀 [Not confirmed] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dot.Cotton)
    You see, liberals - the wall will be up and built in no time, and there's nothing you can do about it
    Yes, because that's all you're doing here...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Decriminalise* not legalise.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...glish/legalize

legalizeverb [ T ]

UK usually legalise

to allow something by law: Same-sex marriages have been legalized in many states.

?????

ReputationRep:
    we need to build bridges not walls

ReputationRep:
    Lol its a bloody wall. Theres way too much fuss about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zero766)
    http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...glish/legalize

legalizeverb [ T ]

UK usually legalise

to allow something by law: Same-sex marriages have been legalized in many states.

?????
    I assumed you meant decriminalisation as in, not being prosecuted for using these drugs. Legalisation is slightly different.

ReputationRep:
    When will Donald "small hands" Plumpf be impeached?

He's gone 2 scoops 2 far quite frankly. This is long overdue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boredom101)
    Lol its a bloody wall. Theres way too much fuss about it
    Not only will it not work, it will cost a bloody fortune. It's utterly regressive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Not only will it not work, it will cost a bloody fortune. It's utterly regressive.
    I agree, there are ways around everything, theres always a loop. I've just been hearing too much about this wall for the last year and i'm quite frankly tired of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RogerOxon)
    Trump and his cronies will brand all attempts to assert this as 'fake news'.
    Ahhh fake news you mean that phenomenon where Hillary Clinton is pro LGBT when in reality she's publicly spoken against gay marriage on numerous occasions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1-r1YgK9I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkK2_6H9MM

There u go 2 videos of hillary clinton directly speaking against gay marriage - but i'm sure deluded hillary clinton supporters will brand this as "fake news" because it doesn't play to your pre-determined narrative

What happens at the ends of this fence? People have access to boats, catapults, tunnels, etc, and do use them. What about flying to Canada first? This is a massive, expensive project that is poor value for money. It's simplistic in the extreme, like Trump.
    No that's your simplistic, and ignorant in the extreme viewpoint. You don't just stick a wall there and leave it, obviously Border Control Police & Military forces would be put in place to deal with those trying to enter ILLEGALY
    Key word - ILLEGAL

What are they supposed to do just say

"ye it's ok everybody, come in with no documentation at all, no visa, no crb check, just ignore the laws and the borders, anyone who thinks that borders and laws should be enforced is stupid and uneducated"

Do you think that they should have no borders and laws at all?

What about flying to Canada first?
    Lol this question shows your ignorance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie80)
    Ahhh fake news you mean that phenomenon where Hillary Clinton is pro LGBT when in reality she's publicly spoken against gay marriage on numerous occasions
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1-r1YgK9I
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkK2_6H9MM

There u go 2 videos of hillary clinton directly speaking against gay marriage - but i'm sure deluded hillary clinton supporters will brand this as "fake news" because it doesn't play to your pre-determined narrative
    Calm down - I didn't mention her.

No that's your simplistic, and ignorant in the extreme viewpoint. You don't just stick a wall there and leave it, obviously Border Control Police & Military forces would be put in place to deal with those trying to enter ILLEGALY
    Key word - ILLEGAL

What are they supposed to do just say

"ye it's ok everybody, come in with no documentation at all, no visa, no crb check, just ignore the laws and the borders, anyone who thinks that borders and laws should be enforced is stupid and uneducated"

Do you think that they should have no borders and laws at all?
    I have never said that borders shouldn't be enforced - yet another incorrect assumption of yours.

There are already fences. If the border is being watched so well, that would be sufficient. Trump's 'wall' is actually just a bigger, stronger, and more expensive fence. It offers little additional benefit.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.