Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I recently got offered a place for A&F (undergraduate) at both Starthclyde and Glasgow University. From my research, Starth does seem to have a better business school, rank higher for A&F & are triple accredited but Glasgow are ranked higher overall nationally, have higher entry entry requirements (only slightly) and are renowned globally (useful for an international student like myself). Could someone share on their experiences/thoughts if they happen to attend (or knows someone) any of the respective universities? Much appreciated x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unihopper)
    So I recently got offered a place for A&F (undergraduate) at both Starthclyde and Glasgow University. From my research, Starth does seem to have a better business school, rank higher for A&F & are triple accredited but Glasgow are ranked higher overall nationally, have higher entry entry requirements (only slightly) and are renowned globally (useful for an international student like myself). Could someone share on their experiences/thoughts if they happen to attend (or knows someone) any of the respective universities? Much appreciated x
    Both are great but I feel that Glasgow has the edge as it is a better experience. Although you don't get your hand held at Glasgow-you're expected to be self sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friffinghell)
    Both are great but I feel that Glasgow has the edge as it is a better experience. Although you don't get your hand held at Glasgow-you're expected to be self sufficient.
    Mmm I get what you're getting at but the 'experience' is a secondary concern of mine. I'm more concerned with the teaching standards & job prospects, which uni has the better faculty etc..

Glasgow certainly has the prestige but Starthclyde definitely do have the better business school I believe.

Still very much undecided :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unihopper)
    Mmm I get what you're getting at but the 'experience' is a secondary concern of mine. I'm more concerned with the teaching standards & job prospects, which uni has the better faculty etc..

Glasgow certainly has the prestige but Starthclyde definitely do have the better business school I believe.

Still very much undecided :/
    Go visit them both and see how you feel. I think both are great choices to be honest.
    I've worked in finance and graduates from either were warmly received.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.