Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

White guy keeps looking at me Watch

This white guy at a reception keeps looking at me. I know that he's staring at me because there's other people there too and he doesn't stare at them. I'm an Asian girl which made me think is he staring because he's one of those white guys who hates Muslims or something? Don't usually get white people looking at me so this is just plain weird. Also he doesn't smile he just kind of stares with a blank face. What is up with this dude? It is starting to creep me out...

ReputationRep:
    Is his name Rob?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This white guy at a reception keeps looking at me. I know that he's staring at me because there's other people there too and he doesn't stare at them. I'm an Asian girl which made me think is he staring because he's one of those white guys who hates Muslims or something? Don't usually get white people looking at me so this is just plain weird. Also he doesn't smile he just kind of stares with a blank face. What is up with this dude? It is starting to creep me out...
    the insecurity is strong

I have to go there again tomorrow and I'm creeped af

maybe he likes u???....
      just seriously go talk to him

(Original post by shameful_burrito)
      the insecurity is strong
      Can't blame me, I've had a lot of racism before and I'm scared he has something against me
      (Original post by XOR_)
      Is his name Rob?
      No I think he's called Daniel not sure though

ReputationRep:
      Its not that deep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      He wants to eat your skin

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Bad8oys)
      Its not that deep

Posted from TSR Mobile
      It is when you're being watched

ReputationRep:
      So basically, just because he's white you're instantly assuming he's an anti-Islamic racist/bigot? That kinda makes you racist.

Anyway, it could just be that he fancies you

But seriously, grow a back bone and just approach him and ask him why he keeps staring at you. Tell him that you respectfully would like him to stop because it makes you feel uncomfortable. It's time to be a grown up yo. No assumptions. No hesitation. Just cut straight to what you want.

ReputationRep:
      He probably thinks you're pretty or likes your hair or something. I find that 9 times out of 10 if people are looking at you it's for a good reason, unless you have something obviously wrong with you like your make up is smudged all our your face.

If you are creeped out by it then move or just ignore. Try not to assume the worst in people, especially because of their skin colour.

ReputationRep:
      He wants your autograph sis x

ReputationRep:
      It is when you're being watched
      For you to notice he's watching you, you must be watching him which might be why he watches you.

Kappa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      And why on Earth does the fact that he is white have to come into it? The average white male can't even so much as breathe these days without the PC brigade getting on his back.

(Original post by Bad8oys)
      For you to notice he's watching you, you must be watching him which might be why he watches you.

Kappa

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Not really. I try to not look at him but every time I look in his direction he is already staring at me.

ReputationRep:
      I can smell the insecurity from a mile away. Why do you care so much?

(Original post by Dot.Cotton)
      And why on Earth does the fact that he is white have to come into it? The average white male can't even so much as breathe these days without the PC brigade getting on his back.
      I don't know some white people hate Muslims. Not that I blame them but some of us just want to live a peaceful life...

(Original post by MrIso)
      I can smell the insecurity from a mile away. Why do you care so much?
      I care because I feel like he is judging me

ReputationRep:

If it's really that bad then confront him next time he does it

you: "can I help you?"
      him: "what?"
      you: "You're always staring at me each time you see me"

I care because I feel like he is judging me
      Did it ever cross your mind that he might like you? Why dont you ask him why hes looking at you?

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.