Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,

I am a 27year old german planning to do my masters in management this autumn.
    As I have never been to UK before and do not much about its cities and universities - kindly requesting any advice on which university to join for a MSC Management:

- University of Bristol
    - University of Manchester
    - Durham University
    - Lancaster University
    - University of Glasgow
    - University of Leeds
    - St Andrews (the town might be a bit too small for me to survive there one year...)

I am mainly interested in great academics, but it would be great if the cities has also something to offer ...

I would be very grateful for any advice!!

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thjnk)
    Dear all,

I am a 27year old german planning to do my masters in management this autumn.
    As I have never been to UK before and do not much about its cities and universities - kindly requesting any advice on which university to join for a MSC Management:

- University of Bristol
    - University of Manchester
    - Durham University
    - Lancaster University
    - University of Glasgow
    - University of Leeds
    - St Andrews (the town might be a bit too small for me to survive there one year...)

I am mainly interested in great academics, but it would be great if the cities has also something to offer ...

I would be very grateful for any advice!!

Thank you in advance
    Hi there. These are all great cites, but all very different, so it depends what you are after. Manchester, Glasgow and Bristol are the biggest cities, if that is what is important to you. Durham, Lancaster and St Andrews are smaller and Leeds is somewhere in the middle. All are well established student cities with all the facilities that entails.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ftmshk)
    Hi there. These are all great cites, but all very different, so it depends what you are after. Manchester, Glasgow and Bristol are the biggest cities, if that is what is important to you. Durham, Lancaster and St Andrews are smaller and Leeds is somewhere in the middle. All are well established student cities with all the facilities that entails.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much for your fast response!!

That sounds all great - I am just left with the question if the universities differ much in their teaching and reputation...
    I have had a look at many rankings - all being very contradictory - Do you know about any differences which might be worth considering?

Thanks a lot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.