Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What does this mean about our friendship?!? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been friends with my best friend for 2 years we spend far too much time with each other but I've went to their house maybe 3 times and she has been to mine less everytime I invite them to hang out at my house something comes up it's not like they don't like my family they loves them we go on holidtay and stuff together with my family so I don't see why they wouldn't want to. instead we go to town and sit on some seat outside in the cold and they complain it is too cold so why would they not want to just sit in my house and talk? And before you say they don't want to be friend with me or something they invite me to come out and we normally go out with each other many 4 times a week maybe more soo?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamtheone123)
    I've been friends with my best friend for 2 years we spend far too much time with each other but I've went to their house maybe 3 times and she has been to mine less everytime I invite them to hang out at my house something comes up it's not like they don't like my family they loves them we go on holidtay and stuff together with my family so I don't see why they wouldn't want to. instead we go to town and sit on some seat outside in the cold and they complain it is too cold so why would they not want to just sit in my house and talk? And before you say they don't want to be friend with me or something they invite me to come out and we normally go out with each other many 4 times a week maybe more soo?!?
    I had a best friend who's house I didn't like going to because it had a weird smell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanderlust96)
    I had a best friend who's house I didn't like going to because it had a weird smell
    I mean that could be the reason but my mum is a clean freak so she would freak if it smelt bad lmao

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they're just nervous? Do they go to anyone else's houses? I know my boyfriend doesn't like going to people's houses for his own reasons, not because of the person. Maybe it's the same here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cait1239)
    Maybe they're just nervous? Do they go to anyone else's houses? I know my boyfriend doesn't like going to people's houses for his own reasons, not because of the person. Maybe it's the same here?
    We had another friend that we went to their house like every weekend they seemed fine going there so I'm not sure :/

ReputationRep:
    I mean that could be the reason but my mum is a clean freak so she would freak if it smelt bad lmao
    This house didn't smell dirty, it was just an overpowering herbal smell. I use to dread being invited over, haha.

Why don't you ask her why? If you're close friends you should be honest with one another. (although I'm a hypocrite because i never did tell my friend that her house smelt like an embalmer's.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanderlust96)
    This house didn't smell dirty, it was just an overpowering herbal smell. I use to dread being invited over, haha.

Why don't you ask her why? If you're close friends you should be honest with one another. (although I'm a hypocrite because i never did tell my friend that her house smelt like an embalmer's.)
    Yeah true even tho we are close I get scared sometimes to ask them why but what's the point I might aswell

ReputationRep:
    We had another friend that we went to their house like every weekend they seemed fine going there so I'm not sure :/
    Ah I'm not sure what to tell you then, I'm sorry. Try not to dwell too much on it though!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's attempting to communicate.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: July 18, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.