SOAS or Sheffield -History/Archaeology

Watch
RYCB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello there.
I am an undergraduate international student and I've just received the offer to study Archaeology in Sheffield with a scholarship.

Although I really interested in Archaeology, the major I want to do most is History. But since I have no certification on History, I cannot apply it as major.

However, I've also got an offer from SOAS's foundation year programme, which means that if I spent a year in SOAS, I will possibly have chances to study History in the future. (SOAS's Foundation programme is accepted by most of the unis.)

So now I am trying to make a decision. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RYCB)
Hello there.
I am an undergraduate international student and I've just received the offer to study Archaeology in Sheffield with a scholarship.

Although I really interested in Archaeology, the major I want to do most is History. But since I have no certification on History, I cannot apply it as major.

However, I've also got an offer from SOAS's foundation year programme, which means that if I spent a year in SOAS, I will possibly have chances to study History in the future. (SOAS's Foundation programme is accepted by most of the unis.)

So now I am trying to make a decision. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sheffield is very different from SOAS. The issue for me is whether I wished to study in London or not as its very expensive.

If you are willing to do a foundation year at SOAS, then have you considered
History with a foundation year at Sheffield, which would have you studying History from the start and guarantee you a place on the main History program?

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/dll/cour...ime/history-ba
RYCB
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Sheffield is very different from SOAS. The issue for me is whether I wished to study in London or not as its very expensive.

If you are willing to do a foundation year at SOAS, then have you considered
History with a foundation year at Sheffield, which would have you studying History from the start and guarantee you a place on the main History program?

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/dll/cour...ime/history-ba
Thanks for replied! Did not realise there's a history foundation year programme at Sheffield before. Looks like it needs to be applied through UCAS which means I have missed it :/ I will consider the expenses issue you've mentioned
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RYCB)
Thanks for replied! Did not realise there's a history foundation year programme at Sheffield before. Looks like it needs to be applied through UCAS which means I have missed it :/ I will consider the expenses issue you've mentioned
You should call them and see if they have any places in clearing. Other unis will do History with a foundation year as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.21%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
55.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.24%

Watched Threads