The Student Room Group

Accountancy Apprenticeship vs University

My main goal is to overall achieve a career in Accountancy. However i am unsure of the best way to approach this. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Also if i was to do an apprenticeship where is the best place to look for these opportunities
Reply 1
My daughter is not able to decide whether she wants to do accounting apprenticeship or study maths and economics at uni.she is currently studying maths, further maths, economics and accounting at A Level
Reply 2
Thank you, we have decided the same.
I'm doing an accountancy apprenticeship with the civil service. It works for me as I never achieved the grades to go to uni and also needed to be earning. I get a lot of support within work and scheduled time out of work to do the qualification. I also find that when looking at accountancy jobs they want you to have a minimum of 2 years experience as well as the qualification and doing the apprenticeship means I hit both criteria. Uni works for some, for me not an option but if you want to earn money as well then I would recommend an apprenticeship for sure.
Reply 4
thank you for the reply , it will be very helpful to decide at the time of A level results
Reply 5
we would also like to know about investment banking internship( eg. JP Morgan ) Vs Economics degree. which route will have better career prospects
Reply 6
sorry, I meant higher degree Apprenticeship with JP Morgan or any other bank providing similar degree Apprenticeships Vs degree in Economics from a leading university. which one will give better career prospects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending