The Student Room Group

Missed my chance to do DofE & NCS

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but in short I didn't do DofE or NCS when given the chance, which I regret.

I'm not sure why I ignored it but I did, but I realised how helpful they could be for my CV, I'm not going to Uni but the place I am going to is competitive and requires good teamwork and leadership skills etc. rather than good grades.

My school has just finished the Silver DofE, and all the NCS slots are full (can I do NCS next year when I'm 17? I'm currently 16), so I'm running out of extracurricular activities to improve my chance of getting into this place.

Can I still do DofE even thought every else my age is onto Gold? Can I do NCS at 17? Is there anything else I could do to improve my CV and personal statement?
You can do NCS when you are 17 next summer. You should do it, it's great! Seeing as you aren't going to uni, work experience becomes even more important, so you should probably do more volunteering, etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah you can do NCS :smile: You can also do DoFE until like 25 or so I'm lead to believe (I've done my bronze expedition but haven't completed the other sections yet) Surely the younger years in your school would be doing bronze so why can't you join? Have you asked?
You can still do both, a friend of mine is currently doing her gold DofE at the age of 19 whilst in uni and you can still do NCS until a certain age. Don’t worry, you still have time ! Just try and get these out of the way ASAP. Try to contact DofE ASAP to make sure you can get a place within one of the groups and to double check all of the details such as ur new skill, ur volunteering etc.

Quick Reply

Latest