The Student Room Group

Jess' Summer Bucket List

Hi TSR...
I can't wait to get involved in this and hopefully make my longest summer yet a more productive one. So far I've literally done nothing apart from worry about exams and results day so this seems like a good way to unwind after the stress of GCSEs :tongue:

:biggrin: = done
:colonhash: = in progress
:s-smilie: = not started

1. Get into photography more.:biggrin:
2. Redecorate my room.:colonhash: So far the walls have been painted!
3. Read brave new world.:biggrin:
4. Read holding up the universe.:biggrin:
5. Read over the topics for my chosen a-levels to familiarise myself with the content:colonhash: *realises I'm going to die*
6. Go and see spider-man homecoming.:biggrin:
7. Catch up on Gotham.:biggrin:
8. Finish The 100:biggrin:
9. Attend a Zumba class.:biggrin:
10. Attend an aerobics class.:biggrin: Update: I've been twice now! I literally nearly died because I decided to go on the warmest day of summer so yay me!
11. Have an amazing prom with my friends.:biggrin:
12. Get my ear lobes re-pierced and second lobes pierced.:s-smilie:
13. Get my hair cut shorter.:biggrin: I have and I'm still not sure if I like it or not! 30/08/17: I have come to the conclusion that my hair isn't actually that short:tongue:
14. Explore Lanzarote (I've never been before so I'm hoping to go to the volcanoes):biggrin:
15. Get my GCSE results and try not to cry.:biggrin: As I write this it's a day until results day and I'm extremely stressed, running on little sleep and keep having nightmares. Is this normal haha?
16. Do some baking.:biggrin: I've made raspberry muffins and scones so far and all I can say is pree Mary Berry for her bomb recipes (RIP original bake off)!
17. Buy more stationary (because I definitely don't have enough already):biggrin: I got pastel highlighters and they're the best things I've ever seen! 30/08/17: I bought a diary for the start of sixth form if that even counts as stationary!
18. Start to post on my blog again.:colonhash:
19. Write my CV:biggrin: it only took me about two hours hahahah...
20. Celebrate getting my GCSE results:biggrin: I went bowling with my friends and then for a meal with my family!
(edited 6 years ago)
Lanzarote sounds amazing!!! I've never been, but volcanoes in general make for a good time. :biggrin: Good luck with results day, I'm sure you've done much better than you think you have! <3
This looks good, looking forward to keeping up with it to see how you are getting on! :h:
Reply 3
Original post by Jinkx Monsoon
Lanzarote sounds amazing!!! I've never been, but volcanoes in general make for a good time. :biggrin: Good luck with results day, I'm sure you've done much better than you think you have! <3

Ikr I'm so excited! I love hiking and hiking on a volcano is even better:biggrin: and thank you so much, fingers crossed:u:
Reply 4
Original post by Batgirl98
This looks good, looking forward to keeping up with it to see how you are getting on! :h:

Thank you:h:
Reply 5
3) I'm around halfway through and can say that this book is a must read! It covers a range of thought provoking topics and i just find it so scary to imagine the potential of society actually becoming the same in the future!
Reply 6
15) I did it! I'm so overwhelmed with the grades I received and glad to say that my hard work paid off. I definitely wasn't expecting to get these grades at all so I did cry but in a good way:smile:
I got -
English language: 9
English literature: 9
Maths: 8
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
Physics: A*
French: A*
History: A*
Religious studies: A*
Media studies: A*

And a distinction* in ECDL
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Proof for 1+14
A picture I took in Porta del Carmen, Lanzarote!
image.jpg
Original post by __Jess__
15) I did it! I'm so overwhelmed with the grades I received and glad to say that my hard work paid off. I definitely wasn't expecting to get these grades at all so I did cry but in a good way:smile:
I got -
English language: 9
English literature: 9
Maths: 8
Chemistry: A*
Biology: A*
Physics: A*
French: A*
History: A*
Religious studies: A*
Media studies: A*

And a distinction* in ECDL

That's absolutely incredible, Jess! :redface: Congratulations on some phenomenal grades!!
Reply 9
Original post by Jinkx Monsoon
That's absolutely incredible, Jess! :redface: Congratulations on some phenomenal grades!!

Thank you so much!:h:

Quick Reply

Latest