uop97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I got 2.2 overall in the second year with 55%. I want a 2.1 overall and I just want some hope and confirmation that a 2.1 is possible. Any advice and stories of similar situations would be appreciated to know that it is possible.
MsFahima
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you know how the percentage of your degree is split between second and third year?
langlitz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by uop97)
Hi,

I got 2.2 overall in the second year with 55%. I want a 2.1 overall and I just want some hope and confirmation that a 2.1 is possible. Any advice and stories of similar situations would be appreciated to know that it is possible.
Of course it's possible if you get good enough marks...! What's the cut off at your uni?
Is it the standard 50%-60% 2:2, 60-70% 2:1 and 70+% 1:1?
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes it is entirely possible, 55% to 60% is perfectly realistic as long as the boundaries are standard.
If it's 33/66 split, I think you will need something like 65% in the last year to scrape a 2.1?
langlitz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by somemightsay888)
Yes it is entirely possible, 55% to 60% is perfectly realistic as long as the boundaries are standard.
If it's 33/66 split, I think you will need something like 65% in the last year to scrape a 2.1?
He'd need at least 65% if it was 50/50, so if it's 33/66 then he only needs over 63.4%
somemightsay888
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by langlitz)
He'd need at least 65% if it was 50/50, so if it's 33/66 then he only needs over 63.4%
Oh yeah, totally had a blank. That is very doable then tbh, especially since his 2.2 was midtable.
langlitz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by somemightsay888)
Oh yeah, totally had a blank. That is very doable then tbh, especially since his 2.2 was midtable.
(Original post by uop97)
Hi, I got 2.2 overall in the second year with 55%. I want a 2.1 overall and I just want some hope and confirmation that a 2.1 is possible. Any advice and stories of similar situations would be appreciated to know that it is possible.
Yeah for sure it's do able, but he will need to put in the work! Increasing your average grade by 8-10% is not easy by any means haha
uop97
Rep:
?
(Original post by MsFahima)
Do you know how the percentage of your degree is split between second and third year?
yeh its 40% for second year and 60% for third year
uop97
Rep:
?
(Original post by langlitz)
Of course it's possible if you get good enough marks...! What's the cut off at your uni?
Is it the standard 50%-60% 2:2, 60-70% 2:1 and 70+% 1:1?
yup thats exactly the cut off
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (22)
8.27%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.29%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.29%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (75)
28.2%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.67%

Watched Threads