The Student Room Group

D to A in a year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LockedVoice
Hi everyone so I did my final year 10 mock exams with an average of the grade 3 which I was so dissatisfied with because I've never gotten below a 4 in anything before. I'm leaving year 10 in 3 days and I was wondering if it's possible to boost your grades up from 3-5's to straight 7's if I spend almost everyday revising over the summer holiday because I'm willing to do that. Thanks to anyone who replies in advanced :smile:

Definitely possible with hard work.

It also depends on what the subject is and how much prep they did for the mocks (some are more practical-based and leave the prep for the real exam, focusing on the coursework). In those kinds of subjects, people have gone from Gs to As.
You have a really nice variety of subjects. Just keep at it and give it your best shot!:tongue:
Yes!! @Lockedvoice, You can - the sky is your limit so do whatever you please! (And hard work does pay off)
Original post by LockedVoice
Hi everyone so I did my final year 10 mock exams with an average of the grade 3 which I was so dissatisfied with because I've never gotten below a 4 in anything before. I'm leaving year 10 in 3 days and I was wondering if it's possible to boost your grades up from 3-5's to straight 7's if I spend almost everyday revising over the summer holiday because I'm willing to do that. Thanks to anyone who replies in advanced :smile:

start of year 11 I was a grade 3 boi come December time I moved up to a grade 8 anything is possible x
Reply 24
Right, I saw this and it really spoke to me. Basically I hated English because i was really bad at it. I was good at all my subjects except of English. In English up until around March I was getting Level 3's, whereas in by other subjects I was getting A*'s and A's. I honestly think you should not procrastinate like I did (the queen of procrastination). and just work and get your head out of your *******. I think that's one thing I regret. I just thought I would never be able to do it and so I gave up. By the end I got an 8 which if you ask me is a big transformation in 2 months.

If you are going to take anything away from this: Get your head out of your bum and just do it. Keep at the subjects you are bad at and one day you will be able to give someone advice that no one really cares about in the student room.

Quick Reply

Latest