The Student Room Group

auburnstar's mindfulness blog :]

I'm participating in the 30-day mindfulness challenge. Since I have more free time over the summer, I felt this would be a good way to keep a regular mental health update. Hopefully, if this goes well, I will be able to continue updating for over a month and you'll be able to see my progress :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
DAY 1 - 19TH JULY 2017

What I'm grateful for today

Finally having food in the house #blessed

A random act of kindness I've done

None yet :frown:

A random act of kindness someone has done for me

Offered to help me find articles as they're already at uni :smile:

Things I did well

Managed to start organising myself for this paper xD

Something I could improve on

Sleep - kept waking up last night just opening my eyes every 20 mins and going outside more >.>

What I've achieved today

Managed to do some practice and read a couple of chapters, hopefully reading 2 more

What I've done to look after my mental health

Tried to get back into the swing of working on things I'm passionate about - I always find mental health is better when I'm busy :yep:

Something I have to look forward to

Nothing special at the moment but there are exciting future events :biggrin:
(edited 6 years ago)
Posting to subscribe :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Posting to subscribe :biggrin:

Thanks for the subscription :hugs:
Maybe format headings to separate the from main text? Good though keep it up.
I like these threads :biggrin: Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by qasim_96
I like these threads :biggrin: Good luck :smile:

Thank you! :hugs:

And done @Danny the Geezer, hopefully should be easier to read now :smile:
Reply 7
DAY 2 - 20TH JULY 2017

That I was able to sleep really well last night :smile:

Moved all of the groceries and cleaned the house for parents :angel:

Not pressured me to go move stuff with them, understanding I can't lift heavy things xD

Things I did well

Practiced for almost 2 hours today!! :biggrin:

Being more independent

What I've achieved today

Same as 'things I did well' :tongue:

Properly started this blog :wink:

Potentially going to the US :eek:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Good luck with this, such a great idea!!

Going to the US would be amazing! Which part are you thinking of?
Oh & btw you're always so knowledgable and helpful on the Oxford Applicants threads so thank you so much for that! :biggrin:
Original post by auburnstar
DAY 1 - 20TH JULY 2017

That I was able to sleep really well last night :smile:

Moved all of the groceries and cleaned the house for parents :angel:

Not pressured me to go move stuff with them, understanding I can't lift heavy things xD

Things I did well

Practiced for almost 2 hours today!! :biggrin:

Being more independent

What I've achieved today

Same as 'things I did well' :tongue:

Properly started this blog :wink:

Potentially going to the US :eek:

Oooh yay for US :awesome: Glad you slept well :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oooh yay for US :awesome: Glad you slept well :h:

Oklahoma to be specific xD Not the most exciting place but still, seeing family (albeit somewhat dysfunctional and very right-wing) and another country across an ocean is pretty neat. :tongue: And thanks :h:
Oklahoma to be specific xD Not the most exciting place but still, seeing family (albeit somewhat dysfunctional and very right-wing) and another country across an ocean is pretty neat. :tongue: And thanks :h:

Should still be fun though (as long as you can avoid any heated arguments about politics!) :biggrin:

Random point but I'm going to see the John Wilson Orchestra do a semi-staged production of Oklahoma! at the BBC Proms next month :biggrin: Never seen the film :getmecoat: but looking forward to the Prom :gah:
Should still be fun though (as long as you can avoid any heated arguments about politics!) :biggrin:

Random point but I'm going to see the John Wilson Orchestra do a semi-staged production of Oklahoma! at the BBC Proms next month :biggrin: Never seen the film :getmecoat: but looking forward to the Prom :gah:

Nice!! The BBC Proms is amazing to watch, I'm sure it's even better in real life :biggrin: Although you really should see the film :tongue:

Nice to hear that you may be going to the US :smile: My dad's cousin went to Oklahoma to study at uni :h:
Nice!! The BBC Proms is amazing to watch, I'm sure it's even better in real life :biggrin: Although you really should see the film :tongue:

It's great fun IRL :biggrin: Especially coz I get half-price tickets (ambulant disabled) for myself and a chaperone :banana:

Yeah I really ought to haha :tongue:
Original post by qasim_96
Nice to hear that you may be going to the US :smile: My dad's cousin went to Oklahoma to study at uni :h:

My mum and most her family did the same! I'm guessing your dad's cousin probably went to OU or OSU haha (almost all of the OK-related shirts in my mum's family have the logos of one or the other). Small world :smile:
My mum and most her family did the same! I'm guessing your dad's cousin probably went to OU or OSU haha (almost all of the OK-related shirts in my mum's family have the logos of one or the other). Small world :smile:

I think it was OU but I can't remember lol. Sadly I can't ask him cause he's no longer with us :frown: It sure is a small world!
Much better to read, although putting the headings in bold would be even better.
DAY 3 - 21ST JULY 2017*

That I feel a little better and hopefully can do something today beyond watching BBC Proms :smile: :redface:

Went to nearby cafe to get a little something to eat with my dad despite not being super hungry as I could tell he wanted to go

Cleaned the bed and let me sleep there for a bit (I was struggling to sleep alone) :h:

Things I did well

Recovered and learned not to take medicines that contraindicate my condition lol xD (and to be more sceptical of drug packages as they're intended for abled people)

Sleeping without having panic attacks about sleeping :frown:

What I've achieved today

n/a

Tried to rest :h:

Being able to actually do things after this flare xD

*Apologies for not updating yesterday, I had a big flare-up in chronic illness and realised that ibuprofen makes me feel worse (paracetamol is too weak) :frown:
Big hugs for flare-up. Hope today is somehow a better day for you :penguinhug:

Quick Reply

Latest