The Student Room Group

Ongoing part time study onto full time

Hello!

I asked the Student Finance twitter about this but unfortuantely didn't get a straight answer :frown:

I am curious whether this scenario would be possible. I am 18 right now and about to start my first level 3 course this september, a BTEC at my local college. I am extremely eager to study hard and am looking for a challenge, not only that but to get ahead in my future.

My question is this: would it be possible for me to apply for and study an OU degree this year in conjunction to the BTEC, bearing in mind this will be part time funding and when I finish the level 3, in 2 years
to apply for full time funding and study a second degree at a brick university whilst finishing the ou degree.

I understand the workload would be massive, and I am generally not one to have a social life, thus it would not cause problems there. Overall, I am incredibly passionate about learning as much as I can

I am simply wondering whether a scenario like that is possible. 😮

Thanks.
Original post by fallsc
Hello!

I asked the Student Finance twitter about this but unfortuantely didn't get a straight answer :frown:

I am curious whether this scenario would be possible. I am 18 right now and about to start my first level 3 course this september, a BTEC at my local college. I am extremely eager to study hard and am looking for a challenge, not only that but to get ahead in my future.

My question is this: would it be possible for me to apply for and study an OU degree this year in conjunction to the BTEC, bearing in mind this will be part time funding and when I finish the level 3, in 2 years
to apply for full time funding and study a second degree at a brick university whilst finishing the ou degree.

I understand the workload would be massive, and I am generally not one to have a social life, thus it would not cause problems there. Overall, I am incredibly passionate about learning as much as I can

I am simply wondering whether a scenario like that is possible. 😮

Thanks.

Hi fallsc,

It maybe possible for you to apply for a Part time tuition fee Loan for the OU course that your are wishing to study from Student Finance.The BTEC Level 3 course could also be funded with an Advance Learning Loan.. You can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan while they are in receipt of an HE loan and vice versa, i.e. you can apply for both at the same time, within the same academic year. Please note, the application processes and timescales are completely different and therefore both are applied for separately and separate evidence is needed too.

You can contact Advance learning Loans on 0300 100 0619 to discuss the application process and what evidence is required.

Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending