jravenxox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys,

I'm starting college in September and am going to be doing an EPQ based around medicine as that's what I'm interested in and wish to pursue a career in. Does anybody have any ideas of what I could possibly do my EPQ on?

Thanks
username2459871
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jravenxox)
Hey guys, I'm starting college in September and am going to be doing an EPQ based around medicine as that's what I'm interested in and wish to pursue a career in. Does anybody have any ideas of what I could possibly do my EPQ on? Thanks
Something easy to do would be:

• Discuss an ethical question, eg discussing the disputes about legal abortion in the USA - quite a relevant topic. Or should assisted suicide be legalised in the UK? - this topic has also cropped up in the news quite recently.
  • A public health related question, eg how much money does the nhs spend on a&e admissions due to excessive alcohol consumption, and how can it be reduced?

Something a bit more complex would be:

• Discussing the link / if there could be a link between two illnesses, for example lung disease and heart diaease, or epilepsy and depression.
  • Going into the pharmacology of how a drug treats a known condition, eg. Insulin injections for type 1 diabetes sufferers, starting with the pathophysiology of the illness and then talking about how the insulin acts on a cellular level to treat the diabetes.

The possibilities are endless - i suggest you have a good sit down and brainstorm possible project ideas, and then whittle them down to your favourite one.
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jravenxox)
Hey guys,

I'm starting college in September and am going to be doing an EPQ based around medicine as that's what I'm interested in and wish to pursue a career in. Does anybody have any ideas of what I could possibly do my EPQ on?

Thanks
As the poster mentioned above, something regarding ethics would be very interesting and relevant with whats going on in the news regarding Charlie Gard. I recommend a title something like 'who should make the final decision regarding a terminally ill child's life - the hospital or the parents?'
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you have any inkling of your own ideas to get us going OP?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads