The Student Room Group

Is the end game in western life to accumilate as much money as possible before death?

Like all this education, career climbing etc its all to get the big money which you cant take with you to the grave and the fact you will spend most your life working chasing this money just so you can spend the 2 days off out of 7 spending it seems pointless to me and not entirely worth the dedication.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Got Milk
Like all this education, career climbing etc its all to get the big money which you cant take with you to the grave and the fact you will spend most your life working chasing this money just so you can spend the 2 days off out of 7 spending it seems pointless to me and not entirely worth the dedication.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately, that is the case for a lot of people :frown:.
what are we meant to do; not work, not gain wealth to support ourselves and families and just wait for death?
Unless you're rich enough not to work, you have no other choice but to be a slave to money.
No and only a few people think that way.
Original post by hamzakalinle
what are we meant to do; not work, not gain wealth to support ourselves and families and just wait for death?

Thats not what Im saying Im more pointing to the fact its bs and a better system should be worked out. The system itself is designed to keep you poor as they tax everything and the more you earn the more tax you pay. Its all one big scam most people dont see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 999tigger
No and only a few people think that way.

"Birds born in cages believe freedom is a crime"

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't like then get your own life goal. Some of us want to live in relative luxury and work to earn that luxury in our lives for ourselves and our families. If you don't want that then join a charity and help people who don't have the opportunity to expoit the chances we have in our western lives. You sound as if reaching prosperity has not been the goal for humans for centuries and you've missed out all the bits that cause the want for wealth. If you find the want for wealth pointless then don't follow the herd and do your own thing. Also what's the end game every where else in the world because you stated it was a western hing but as i said the pursuit of wealth has been an international goal for most people.
"Birds born in cages believe freedom is a crime"

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your point being?
Reply 9
Yeah it kinda is
what's your plan of a better system?
Start your own business then or turn to illegal methods of earning money
I think it's more aiming for big money so you can spend it on big things. Wouldn't be opposed to a detached house with some land in the south.
Yes, and that's how it should be. You want to gather as much money as possible so that you can pass it on to your family when you die, ensuring that they have a good quality of life.
Reply 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give it to your army of children

Also lol if you don't become a folk hero after you die
Our survey says:

[video="youtube;3V35jvY0u7I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V35jvY0u7I[/video]
Reply 16
Original post by Profesh
Our survey says:

[video="youtube;3V35jvY0u7I"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V35jvY0u7I[/video]

The f#ck is this? 😂😂😂
Then don't do it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The goal is whatever you want it to be. Nobody says you have to do that. My goal for life is just to enjoy it and maximise happiness. Of course, money can help with that - it's difficult to be happy if you're worrying about supporting your family or making ends meet. Not to mention that Ferraris and McLarens exist...

As for "taking the money to the grave", it doesn't just disappear. Most people give it to their kids. Personally, I'd just enjoy life while I have it, then pledge it to a charity or project that I think will make a difference.
For me life is about achieving something, yes money is needed to have a good stable financial position but it's not all about stacking numbers.

Quick Reply

Latest