Help!Please? Sociology or Business Studies for GCSE? Watch

AngelStarfire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm choosing my GCSEs and I can't choose between sociology or business studies.I have only today and tomorrow to think about which one to choose. I'm really stressing out about it thinking which one is fun to learn while being useful. I feel like I'll find Sociology interesting while being fun but on the other hand i feel business studies will be interesting and useful. Can anyone please also tell me their experiences with these subjects. Thank you in advance!
dramaqueen2805
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Business studies definitely. It opens a lot of doors at university even if you don't take it at A level. Also it's probably one of the easier gcse subjects. Sociology is a subject that isn't credited at gcse and has very little value for the future for a tougher subject
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
pppopcorn
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't do sociology but I do business studies. I am about to start year 11 in September but I would 100% recommend taking business studies! It is one of my favourite subjects and my best. I didn't start it until November because I changed from Geography and my results are top of the year in a grammar school- clearly it can't be that hard if I managed to catch up. Business studies is not particularly hard so you can expect a good grade if you work. I find not much work is needed and I barely ever revise and I think it is a very useful GCSE to have because it really links in knowledge and the real world. I would definitely take it if I were you because it opens up a lot of doors and is extremely enjoyable
Terranova
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I found sociology dull and don't plan on taking it beyond GCSE. AQA papers were kinda bull and by the sounds of it, it's only going to get worse in the exam department. I think you should go for business.
AngelStarfire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you everyone! I changed my option from German to business studies so I hope someone drops out (it's full for now). In year 10 I'll know if someone drops out so I can take it. I think I'll find it interesting and fun so I'll give it a shot.
Lust1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have the same problem how have you found business ? What’s it like
AngelStarfire
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Lust1)
I have the same problem how have you found business ? What’s it like
Lol I didn't take either but my friend said that business studies has easy concepts to understand, the work isn't too long and it's a breeze. If you have any other questions about it let me know and I'll ask my friends (^_^ )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Life Sciences; Department of Psychology Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (237)
60%
No (158)
40%

Watched Threads