The Student Room Group

Been vegan for a month now AMA

Today I'm celebrating a month of veganism! :smile: I would be more than happy to answer any questions from any prospective vegans or even any veganism skeptics. Ask away

Scroll to see replies

What have been the biggest challenges?

Have you observed any positive or negative health changes after a month?
Do you start conversations with everyone you meet by telling them you're vegan?
How are you feeling?

This is with regards to your energy levels, wellbeing, how your skin looks and, if you workout, do you find that the quality of your sessions are better?
Do you save money by being vegan? If so, how much compared to normal (approximately)?
do you ever find that you're left with not a lot of variety to eat? what are some of your favourite vegan meals?
Reply 6
Original post by jestersnow
What have been the biggest challenges?

Have you observed any positive or negative health changes after a month?

The biggest challenge for me has been money... where I live there aren't many vegans and as such rice milk, vegan burgers cost twice the non vegan counterparts.

The only food I miss is Pizza. The rest doesn't bother me, not even chocolate really.

I've lost around 3 kgs and I am less tired but that might just be because I've been forced to eat healthier.
Reply 7
Original post by Sweetroll
Do you save money by being vegan? If so, how much compared to normal (approximately)?

I was previously vegetarian since I was 7 so I've no experience buying meat though I can imagine it's expensive which is why vegans might save money compared to meat eaters. But actually I'm spending more on food because vegetables can be expensive and dairy replacements are a bit of a rip off
Reply 8
Original post by harrythomas14
How are you feeling?

This is with regards to your energy levels, wellbeing, how your skin looks and, if you workout, do you find that the quality of your sessions are better?

I don't work out sorry :/

My skin is a little better but I've always had **** skin so I wasn't expecting a miracle.

I'm not sure about energy if it just the placebo effect but I am more energized.

The main benefit for me is psychological: just knowing that I'm living in synergy with my morals makes me much happier.
Reply 9
KFC, Burger King or Nando's?
Reply 10
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

No it's more that if I'll need to get food with them or they're cooking for me I'll tell them as soon as possible but otherwise not really unless I'm questioned about it.
Reply 11
Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Do you wake up every morning proud to be a smelly baby eater?
Reply 12
Original post by zayn008
KFC, Burger King or Nando's?

Never eaten any. Wouldn't give my money to those trash coporations even if I did eat meat.
Why don't you like protein?
Reply 14
What is your name?
Reply 15
Original post by Up The Tigers
Why don't you like protein?

I do, and I get a lot of it thanks :smile: I did my research and i take supplements just in case but it's perfectly possible to not be protein deficient and not eat meat.
Reply 16
Original post by ashaxo99
do you ever find that you're left with not a lot of variety to eat? what are some of your favourite vegan meals?

Eating out at restaurants is a nightmare Jesus Christ lol. I make rather minimalist food so lack of variety doesn't bother me.

My favorite is a vegan burger with a bunch of vegetables inside it with sweet potatoes or roasted vegetables alongside.
Original post by jacobtporter
I do, and I get a lot of it thanks :smile: I did my research and i take supplements just in case but it's perfectly possible to not be protein deficient and not eat meat.

Shame supplements aren't as healthy as food :/
Original post by jacobtporter
No it's more that if I'll need to get food with them or they're cooking for me I'll tell them as soon as possible but otherwise not really unless I'm questioned about it.

Making a thread proclaiming that you're a vegan sort of contradicts that statement, to me it seems like you've just made it for the attention that would come with it, but ok.

May I ask why you've opted to refrain from eating any succulent pieces of meat in future?

Original post by cfgh
Do you wake up every morning proud to be a smelly baby eater?

I'll give you an A for effort señor troll, not the best attempt, but I can see you're trying.
Reply 19
Original post by Up The Tigers
Shame supplements aren't as healthy as food :/

Shame that's not true.

Quick Reply