The Student Room Group

Charlie Gard granted US citizenship

Charlie Gard has reportedly been granted US citizenship by Congress so he can go to the US for treatment, despite High Court rulings and concerns from Doctors at Great Ormond Street.

Thoughts?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/charlie-gard-us-citizenship-congress-american-treatment-uk-high-court-appeal-life-support-turn-off-a7848391.html
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The parents are a disgrace, this whole thing has gone on for way to long.
Bloody selfish parents.
Poor little man. Let him die in peace.
I don't blame the parents for the decisions that they've made regarding their son. They were put in an awful situation finding out that their baby had a terminal illness and they've been doing everything they can to save their son because they're desperate. Who knows, maybe Charlie will live.
Reply 5
That's great news, hopefully now his parents can get him the treatment.
Reply 6
Original post by reality check
bloody selfish parents.

ffsprsom
Original post by undine_monty
I don't blame the parents for the decisions that they've made regarding their son. They were put in an awful situation finding out that their baby had a terminal illness and they've been doing everything they can to save their son because they're desperate. Who knows, maybe Charlie will live.

The treatment is not curative (and has an incredibly slim chance of even doing anything at all), even if he lives he will have zero quality of life. The parents are delusional.
Fantastic, God bless President Trump for giving this poor boy a chance.
Great, was praying for them
Original post by Glassapple
The treatment is not curative (and has an incredibly slim chance of even doing anything at all), even if he lives he will have zero quality of life. The parents are delusional.

Yes, I agree there's a slim chance that the treatment will help but I think it's a chance worth taking. And you don't know for sure that he'll have a bad quality of life.
Reply 11
This is very good to hear alhamdulilah
:facepalm2:

Doesn't matter who he gets citizenship from, it doesn't improve his chances and he can't fly unless the doctors say he can.
If this treatment does not work,it could look really bad on the parents.
I will just watch and see(I pass no judgement).
Reply 14
Hopefully he can now go there for the treatment inshallah
Original post by Meany Pie
:facepalm2:

Doesn't matter who he gets citizenship from, it doesn't improve his chances and he can't fly unless the doctors say he can.

Really? I'm pretty sure he cant be stopped traveling to a country where he has citizenship?
Original post by Trapz99
That's great news, hopefully now his parents can get him the treatment.

The only good thing that will come out of this is that doctor has a test subject for his drug, which may help similar patients in the far future. This baby's fate is set in stone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well at least now his parents will be the problem of whichever US hospital has to deal with them, and GOSH's name won't be dragged through the mud anymore.

Maybe the rent-a-mob involved can **** off to the US too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by undine_monty
Yes, I agree there's a slim chance that the treatment will help but I think it's a chance worth taking. And you don't know for sure that he'll have a bad quality of life.

He has severe brain damage, is blind, deaf etc. His quality of life will be a body being kept alive by doctors and a machine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alhamdullilah

Quick Reply

Latest