Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Peeps,

After a fantastic two days in Edinburgh last weekend with my family... I'm very tempted to withdraw my place at Notts to do Psych/Phil and apply for joint Soc/Psy at Edinburgh.

I was wondering if there were any of you at Ed doing either Soc or Psy or both and if you had any comments about your courses. Also, any general comments on what you think about my possible switching would be appreciated. I am looking to do a Social Psychology postgrad at possibly either Cam or LSE. Whadda ya think?

Thx, Sion

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm doing science/maths based subjects instead I wouldn't be too worried about a move to Edinburgh instead of Nottingham. Though to be fair, both Universities are very well regarded and (probably not worth relying on) are both high up league tables.

The main difference is clearly between a campus and a city based university. That said I was very impressed by the student atmosphere in Edinburgh! Nottingham has an incredible campus though (sister went there and loved it) so it's up to you on that front. In terms of a foundation towards postgrad studies (which I've also thought about to some extent), either would do you well. I know that in my faculty at least (Engineering) there are strong research links with Oxford, though you'll need to find out more about this.

A major advantage of Edinburgh btw is flexibility in their degree structure, this is turning out to be an excellent advantage to me

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 29, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.