The Student Room Group

Changing Loan Payment Dates

Hi, i have successfully applied for a maintenance loan for 2017/18, but the lease for my new accommodation starts on the 1st August and i have already borrowed from family to pay for the first month's rent. Now I have become aware that I will need to find a second month's rent before my loan comes in. I go to a uni where accommodation is quite expensive and pretty much all of my maintenance loan goes towards it. Although it seems unlikely that i would be able to get my loan payment any earlier, I thought i'd ask if i can get the date changed, since otherwise I'm going to struggle to get the cash together.
Original post by _amy5678
Hi, i have successfully applied for a maintenance loan for 2017/18, but the lease for my new accommodation starts on the 1st August and i have already borrowed from family to pay for the first month's rent. Now I have become aware that I will need to find a second month's rent before my loan comes in. I go to a uni where accommodation is quite expensive and pretty much all of my maintenance loan goes towards it. Although it seems unlikely that i would be able to get my loan payment any earlier, I thought i'd ask if i can get the date changed, since otherwise I'm going to struggle to get the cash together.

I m afraid sfe never change payment dates, do you have an overdraft or your university have a hardship fund? Your third payment is meant to last till September unfortunately
Original post by _amy5678

Hi amy5678,
The maintenance Loan is scheduled and paid in line with your term dates,These payment dates would not change unless your University has changed your term dates.
If you think that you may experience financial hardship during the academic year we suggest that you contact your university.
University's have skilled welfare and money advisors who can provide both guidance and in some instances financial help to students in financial hardship; therefore we suggest you should speak to your university in the first instance.
Thanks
How come then all week my sfe page has said I’ll be paid on the 19th and now on the 19 it’s magically changed to the 20th without warning?

Quick Reply

Latest