Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

This may be a little early, but it won't be too long until the next academic year starts and applications will be open!

What are you applying to? What college are you applying for? If you've got a place, what tips do you have for people applying?

I'm looking to apply for the BCL!

Llama

ReputationRep:
    Keble for English 1900-Present MSt _fingers crossed_:crossedf:

When are you hoping to have your application in by?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flamingohair)
    Keble for English 1900-Present MSt _fingers crossed_:crossedf:

When are you hoping to have your application in by?
    Awesome! What university did you do your undergrad?

I'm hoping to get the application in by early October at the latest, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLawLlama)
    Awesome! What university did you do your undergrad?

I'm hoping to get the application in by early October at the latest, how about you?
    To be honest, Oxford is kind of an afterthought for me - I never thought I was the right kind of person, but my there aren't many experts in the guy I want to study (one at Keble, one at Queen's College) so I'm just working to get it in ASAP at the best possible standard :eek:

Right now I'm at one of the smaller London colleges. You?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, Oxford is kind of an afterthought for me - I never thought I was the right kind of person, but my there aren't many experts in the guy I want to study (one at Keble, one at Queen's College) so I'm just working to get it in ASAP at the best possible standard :eek:

Right now I'm at one of the smaller London colleges. You?
    What are the requirements for the course? As long as you are on track you will always have a good shot in getting in! When do applications open for you?

Nice, I did my undergrad at Exeter...

ReputationRep:
    Deadline's not until January and the grade requirement is a 2:1 so who knows what will happen?

ReputationRep:
    Deadline's not until January and the grade requirement is a 2:1 so who knows what will happen?
    Good luck! Let me know when you've sent your application and keep me updated with its progress

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for the BPhil in Philosophy, hopefully at Somerville or Mansfield. When are we all hoping to have our apps off for?

ReputationRep:
    As soon as possible, to be honest. Some of the other places I'm applying it will make a difference being at the top of the pile so I want to get it done before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as possible, to be honest. Some of the other places I'm applying it will make a difference being at the top of the pile so I want to get it done before Christmas.
    Yeah me too, I'm hoping for early November. I think that will give me enough time to cultivate some good references without leaving it too late. Where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Applying for MSc in Financial Economics. Anyone has a rough benchmark for the GMAT score required?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smashit)
    Applying for MSc in Financial Economics. Anyone has a rough benchmark for the GMAT score required?
    They don't seem to have a set minimum, but I think a good bet is to look at the average grades for accepted applicants at the top ten which is roughly 730. So the likelihood is the minimum you can get to be competitive will be 715/20.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I've just graduated in BA Modern Languages (Russian, Czech and Dutch) from the University of Sheffield and will be applying for the MPhil in Russian and Eastern European Studies - college yet to be decided! I'm having to take a year out and work to save up money for postgraduate study, but it is nice to have a slight breather from education as well to be honest.

Best of luck to everyone applying! I'm looking forward to going through the process with you all and I hope we can provide help and support in terms of need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noumenon)
    They don't seem to have a set minimum, but I think a good bet is to look at the average grades for accepted applicants at the top ten which is roughly 730. So the likelihood is the minimum you can get to be competitive will be 715/20.
    Cool. Thanks mate.

ReputationRep:
    Msc Financial Econ. Will i have a greater chance by applying on the 1st round ?

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I am a 2016 Pharmacy graduate with a 1st from Herts, although I had pretty poor A level grades (BBBb). I did my training year in a London hospital. I'm now a newly qualified pharmacist and am hoping to apply for Pharmacology at Oxford.

It's a long shot, I reckon, but hey! Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and all that...

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, hope your all doing well!! I'm thinking of applying to do Mphil Economics but I'm very nervous that I might not go in but yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thebiebez)
    Hi guys, hope your all doing well!! I'm thinking of applying to do Mphil Economics but I'm very nervous that I might not go in but yeah.
    Why don't you think you will get in?

ReputationRep:
    It's not that I won't get in but I'm worried as I have done well in my 2nd year rather than my first even though first year doesn't count but putting that all aside I'm believing in myself because Oxford is a beautiful city and beautiful place to study so yeah
    Btw I'm thebiebz just replying from a different account ☺️☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hanaabdirahman)
    It's not that I won't get in but I'm worried as I have done well in my 2nd year rather than my first even though first year doesn't count but putting that all aside I'm believing in myself because Oxford is a beautiful city and beautiful place to study so yeah
    Btw I'm thebiebz just replying from a different account ☺️☺️
    Are you on track for a decent 2:1 or not? Oxford is beautiful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.