The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Visa application issues 😧

Hi guys,

I'm currently applying for my Tier 4 student visa and I have some questions regarding it.

1. Under the 'Passport and Travel Information', I need to provide the 'Issuing Authority' of my passport (current and previous). There seems to be a character limit to this field, and I am unable to input the entire name in (missed by a few letters). What am I supposed to do?

2. Under the 'Tier 4 student' section, there's the question: 'How much are the fees for your course of study?' Does this refer to the entire duration of my course, or only the first year? My CAS specifically lists the course fees for the first year only, hence my question.

3. In the same section, for the question 'Do you have any remaining fees and maintenance still due for payment?', there's the follow-up question asking for 'Course fees'. Again, does this apply to only the first-year fees, or the entire course's fees? (I haven't paid any of my course fees yet.)

4. What is the most updated maintenance fee I should enter? Is it still 9,135 GBP, as stated on the uni website?

Would really appreciate if anyone is able to help!! Sorry if this is the wrong forum to post into.
Reply 1
Hi!

I recently filled out my application form so I can offer a bit of help.

1) I experienced the same thing but I was able to shorten the name in a way that is still understandable.

2) The fees for your course of study refer to your first year/current year only; not the entire duration, if your course is longer than 1 year.

3) The question is worded badly. They are really asking if you still need to demonstrate some funds; i.e. if you are required to show evidence that you can afford to attend university. Unless you're a fully-sponsored student, your answer should be yes. So in the spaces provided for course fees and maintenance, you simply put the cost of your course and the 9135 for maintenance.

4) It is still 9135
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by NewRes45
So in the spaces provided for course fees and maintenance, you simply put the cost of your course and the 9135 for maintenance.

Thanks for all that! Just to be extra sure, when you say 'cost of your course' (bolded above), is this also for the first year only, or for the entire duration?
Reply 3
Original post by singzeon
Thanks for all that! Just to be extra sure, when you say 'cost of your course' (bolded above), is this also for the first year only, or for the entire duration?

It'll be the fees for the first year only.
Reply 4
Thanks NewRes45 for your help!

Hope this may also be of use to anyone else applying for the Tier 4 visa. Yesterday I attended the pre-departure briefing and someone from UKVI came down to speak about the application process. Subsequently during Q&A lots of people had questions for her; seems like I wasn't the only one confused by questions in the form. :biggrin:

Quick Reply