The Student Room Group

What are the best/worst accents

Doesn't need to be UK only

I like Northern Irish, London, Spanish, Italian. Really don't like geordie, scouse, birmingham, southern/Texan American type accent, Chinese, Malaysian ones

Scroll to see replies

Best is Yorkshire accent am I right
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh

REPRESENT boiii
My favourite accent is that British Emo girl one, you know the slightly highpitched and excitable but then sometimes dim one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by chanel_666
REPRESENT boiii

/thread closed.
I hate the accents down here in Essex
Norn Iron all the way!
the autralian accent gives makes my ears hurt
Reply 8
Scottish is my fave :love:
Original post by AndrewSCO
Doesn't need to be UK only

I like Northern Irish, London, Spanish, Italian. Really don't like geordie, scouse, birmingham, southern/Texan American type accent, Chinese, Malaysian ones

Nothing like a good old bit of accent-bashing and generalising, eh?

Presumably you mean accents when speaking English? In which case, as a general rule I much prefer regional accents. The provincial twang tends to add a warm quality to a voice that makes it colourful and interesting to listen to.

I adore soft Geordie, Scouse, Yorkshire, most Irish accents, a host of Scottish accents and Welsh accents. In Europe, I love French, German and Dutch accents. In North America, it's US deep South and West coast, and Ontario, Canada. In Australia, Western Australian and South Australian accents are my favourite.

Not a big fan of thick Mancunian or Leeds accents, Spanish, Italian or Greek accents, the US mid-west or East coast accents. Most of all, I dislike almost every accent from London and its surrounding area.
Received Pronunciation - proper, traditional, Queen's English. Such a shame that it's a rarity these days.
Welsh all the way :thumbsup:
Best: Chelsea or posh London accent to be specific, Italian and New York/New Jersey accent

Original post by Sweetroll
I hate the accents down here in Essex

damn :emo:

Spoiler

New Zealanders accent is awesome.

I like Scottish and Irish as well.
Best: Scottish
Worst: Essex eew
Original post by Dot.Cotton
Received Pronunciation - proper, traditional, Queen's English. Such a shame that it's a rarity these days.

Indeed the best accent.

Spoiler

Yorkshire, Indian, Irish, Australian are best
Reply 17

aye.... WHITE ROSE ... WHITE ROSE
Best : South African
Worst : American specifically California

Quick Reply

Latest