Qer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is making notes in A levels is really helpful
Because it takes a lot of time...and then we have to organize them

I use CGP and Oxford text book
I don't like to study from two sources. .I want a notes from which I get all information
But making notes is too time consuming

What should I do??
ashaxo99
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You definitely need notes to refer to. I usually type up my notes and save them in folders on my desktop. It makes everything super organised and easy to access, and I don't have to go through piles and piles of paper to get that one thing I'm looking for. Also, for subjects like psychology where I need to memorise notes, it's extremely quick and easy to open up a new word document and type out what I need to memorise over and over again rather than making cue cards etc.
06moca1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Qer)
Is making notes in A levels is really helpful
Because it takes a lot of time...and then we have to organize them

I use CGP and Oxford text book
I don't like to study from two sources. .I want a notes from which I get all information
But making notes is too time consuming

What should I do??
Depends on the subject
Qer
Rep:
?
(Original post by 06moca1)
Depends on the subject
Biology and chemistry
06moca1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Qer)
Biology and chemistry
Hm.... When I did biology I tried a mixture of things. I tried making questions on cards to test my knowledge, reading the textbook and writting on it, and making separate notes. All in all all three methods produced the same results for me.

As for Chemistry, you should NOT make notes. What you should do it read the OFFICIAL textbook and write on it to understand the chemistry and to memorise some stuff. What you should do is practice everything... i.e. re-write all the formulars, curly arrow mechs, diagrams etc etc. Do this till you UNDERSTAND the chemistry behind what you are doing and you can produce those diagrams like it's second nature. Afterwards, you should do past papers from your exam board and different exam boards over and over. Do this while understanding the methods on how to get the answer.

Biology is more memorising but i know for a fact that chemistry should be revised how I described. I ended up with an A in chemistry. At university i ended up with 92.8% in 1st year organic chem, 83% in 2nd year organic and 88% in bioorganic in 3rd year.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I only ever made notes from the CGP revision guide. However, I can't read my own handwriting so I never read my notes again

I personally object to writing notes electronically. You might look like the "cool kid" in class with your Surface Pro/iPad Pro and your swanky Apple Pencil/Surface Pen, but I find that nothing beats the tried and tested method of traditional note taking using old fashioned pencil and paper.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...with-a-laptop/
Qer
Rep:
?
I avoid to making notes because I think that I can cover a topic in 2 hours ...but when I make notes it took about 2 hours for a stuff that i can do in 30 minutes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (31)
25%
No (93)
75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise