The Student Room Group

Ukcat 2018

So the UKCAT price is being increased from the 1st September 2017 to £85.00 I have booked a test for 4 September and the price is coming up as £65.00 does this mean you can book the UKCAT before the 1st of September and still sit the exam in September for the original £65.00 ???
Original post by Chemgenius00
So the UKCAT price is being increased from the 1st September 2017 to £85.00 I have booked a test for 4 September and the price is coming up as £65.00 does this mean you can book the UKCAT before the 1st of September and still sit the exam in September for the original £65.00 ???

I assume because you booked it before 1st September you won't have to pay the £20 fee increase. Give them a quick call just to be sure!! Good luck with your application to study medicine!
Original post by games211
I assume because you booked it before 1st September you won't have to pay the £20 fee increase. Give them a quick call just to be sure!! Good luck with your application to study medicine!
Thanks so much , will do
Original post by Chemgenius00
Thanks so much , will do

I paid £85 for September.
UKCAT Tips

1. Work on theory first. Understand each question type, and focus on your step by step approach. For example, in VR you want to use the Keyword Approach as opposed to reading the whole passage.

2. Do lots of practice. Use the official questions and other question resources.

3. Work on timing. The exam is all about timing, so work on doing quick, timed practices.

4. Adapt to conditions. You have a stuffy room, and old fashioned computer, people around you, the UKCAT on screen calculator, a 2 hour sitting. Get used to this scenario by going to the library and doing a mock.

I'd really recommend our 100% Free Youtube Tutorials, they should help www.youtube.co.uk/medicmind

Good luck!

Kunal D
UKCAT Teacher
www.youtube.co.uk/medicmind
Reply 5
COMPLETE KAPLAN COURSEWORK FOR SALE

I bought the online Kaplan UKCAT course and Medify. My Medify is almost up, but the Kaplan resources can be used right up until October. I didn't use all of the test material because I am an idiot (was very scared!) and thought I would just practice and then see what happened on test day!

SO, as well as the questions I did that will be available, there are:
+ ***3 FULL LENGTH PRACTICE UKCAT TESTS*** which score you the same way as the actual test (so 300-900 with a SJ band, with a break down of each area and question type and a progress tracker. Also tells you if you moved from wrong answer to correct answer on each question etc)
- 3 sets of VR practice questions
- 3 sets of DM practice questions
- 2 sets of QR practice questions
- 2 sets of AR practice questions
- 6 sets of SJ practice questions

+EACH SECTION HAS A BANK OF 6 ADDITIONAL QUESTION SETS
+EACH SECTION HAS 2 VIDEO TUTORIALS covering the best strategies to fit everything into the time you have and maximise the chances of getting questions correct

There are also videos on what to expect on test day and how best to prepare, info on interviews and what to expect in the medicine degree (although, if you've gotten this far, you probably already know that :h: )

I found these materials, particularly the video lessons and the tips, massively helpful.

Original cost was £285 and I am willing to consider all sensible offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending