Is it ok to still be a virgin ?

Watch
Athena08
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm 16 nearly 17 and I 'm still a virgin. All my friends lost their virginity at 15/16. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 months and he said he's ready but im not and he understands. I don't want to have sex and be called a slut but I don't want to make him wait too long to be called frigid. What age do you think is appropriate ?
Puppo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Posted from TSR Mobile

How about:
What age do YOU think is appropriate.
Dot.Cotton
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sexual intercourse before marriage is a sin, I suggest you wait until you are married and want to try for a baby.
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's perfectly okay to be a virgin, be proud.
s4b3rt00th
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
**** everyone else's opinion of you and do what makes you happy.
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Athena08)
I'm 16 nearly 17 and I 'm still a virgin. All my friends lost their virginity at 15/16. I've been with my boyfriend for 4 months and he said he's ready but im not and he understands. I don't want to have sex and be called a slut but I don't want to make him wait too long to be called frigid. What age do you think is appropriate ?
Im 23 and still a virign.

Its fine!
Logia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Oh come on... the majority of your friends are lying. Secondly, it's perfectly normal to be a virgin by the age of 20. I know several. Stop worrying about being branded a slut, you have a BOYFRIEND and therefore sex with him wouldn't exactly be "slutty"...

Just wait till you're ready or want to
lukerules1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You're 17 and you haven't lost your virginity?! What a L0SER!
Spoiler:
Show

This is sarcasm. Out of 160 people in my year the number of people who've lost their virginity is (at the last count) 6. And they're all bloomin' embarrassed about it! Whether my school is an anomaly or not idek and idgaf, but don't worry about it
carrotstar
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do whatever you're comfortable with. I waited until I was 18 and at university and I wish I hadn't decided to then!
Nguruvilu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Please don't worry; No one aside from yourself is going to care if you're a virgin or not, and anyone who does care isnt worth caring about.

The most important thing is that you are happy and ready when you do decide that you want to. Some people never want to have sex and that's fine too.

It's good to hear that your boyfriend is understanding, it's important that you don't do anything before you're ready or you might regret it. Don't worry that your friends have lost their virginity before you, I didn't lose my virginity until I was 17, while some of my friends lost theirs at 14-15 and some haven't lost theirs yet and they're 20. It doesn't matter at what age you have sex as long as you're happy.
applesforme
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You shouldn't have sex with someone just so that they don't call you names
AppleB
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
:facepalm: this societal pressure to not be a virgin at a certain age makes me question what kind of sadistic lives teenagers are living! Enjoy yourself, you're young and you're a child. No age is 'appropriate' I'd personally regret losing it with someone who's casually dating.
Angry Bird
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you're basically asking is it ok to be a good girl.

I'm done lul
eden3
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
no it's illegal sorry
Spoiler:
Show

jk it's fine
username1439610
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What's wrong about being a virgin at 16? Don't you have bigger things to worry about like your GCSEs?
IrrationalRoot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No it is not ok. The police will find out and you will be arrested immediately.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whenever you're ready is the right time.
Xopher_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When you reach a point in the relationship when you think you're ready and you're comfortable with it? if you're not ready then don't. There is no set age
jkls92
Report 3 years ago
Your age is perfectly appropriate but as a girl it's also socially acceptable to be older and still a virgin.
Kanairee
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Having sex does not make you a slut, in any sense at all, so you don't need to worry about that. Also it might be good to consider the possibility that your friends are lying about their personal lives since they're feeling the same pressure as you. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin at your age, and it's a good thing your boyfriend is ok to wait. Wait until you feel ready, if you're going to do it, do it for yourself and not because you feel like you should. Waiting doesn't make you frigid at all, and if you don't feel comfortable sharing the details of your personal life with friends, then don't! They have no business in it. This sort of thing is all about you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%