The Student Room Group

She told me she likes me but...

So I've been speaking to a girl now for about a year, we started off as just friends. Everything was fine until she told me around 6 months ago that she has deeper feelings for me. In the moment I was caught off guard and didn't really know what to say, but I made her feel comfortable even though I did not address what she said. Now she keeps bringing it up and I don't know what to say to her..

I think she is a really amazing girl, but Im not ready for anything serious quite yet. She did say that she didn't want to take it seriously yet either, and that admitting our feelings would make this a lot easier.

But I'm not sure how I feel about her yet, yes she is a nice girl but I'm afraid she'll get her hopes up if I tell her. I don't want her to feel tied to me if another better guy come into her life as it's way to early for both of us to commit to a relationship
Your best bet would be tell her the truth - if you aren't sure how you feel about her, you need to let her know. I'm sure that she would understand. Rather that then have her believe that a relationship could be a possibility just to knock her down if it isn't.
Reply 2
Tell her what you told us.
Reply 3
Original post by QueenBee98
Your best bet would be tell her the truth - if you aren't sure how you feel about her, you need to let her know. I'm sure that she would understand. Rather that then have her believe that a relationship could be a possibility just to knock her down if it isn't.

Original post by UWS
Tell her what you told us.

Is there a better way to say it? I feel like it's too savage and she will become really upset. I don't want her to feel like I've wasted her time.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Is there a better way to say it? I feel like it's too savage and she will become really upset. I don't want her to feel like I've wasted her time.

Rejection is going to hurt regardless of what you say. You could just say that you're not ready for a relationship.
I'd say keep it going for longer. Who knows, maybe you'll actually catch feelings.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UWS
Rejection is going to hurt regardless of what you say. You could just say that you're not ready for a relationship.

I agree with you there.... you've just got to be honest with her - you can word it differently, but it will still have the same outcome.
You need to tell her what u really think basically what you wrote on your thread right now... tell her the truth
Reply 8
Be honest with her; if you're not sure yet then let her know. But just take some time and give her a chance- who knows what might happen. Feelings take time to develop. I wish you all the best of luck. Just follow your heart.
Be honest with her, just say your not sure about your feelings and need more time to think because you don't a rushed decision to ruin anything like the relationship you have with each other now.
just tell her exactly what you told us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending