Major disaster in Cornwall and Trump denies climate change? Watch

Ambitious1999
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Yet another of many disasters and major incidents since Teressa Fail called and lost a general election, this time we saw horrific scenes in the Cornish town of Coverack as a huge storm sent tidal flood surges through the town . Three hundred year old oak trees torn out of the ground like match sticks, buses coaches and lorries washed down streets like toys, people's homes washed away as those residents who could were forced to jump across roof tops. Water gushed through like the Niagra falls, huge stone bolders the size of vans tossed around like bits of polystyrene while the angry grey sky banged and blasted like the Hiroshima bomb sending down waterfalls of rain..... And why do we call this man- made climate change?

Because such weather in the middle of summer is plain weird. Nethier do you need to be a scientist to come to that conclusion. As a prmary school kid we were taught Winters are wet, cold and snowy, summers are warm sunny with occasional showers. What Coverack suffered was more akin to Decembers weather, not an occasional summer shower.

Yet Trump denies man- made climate change exists and had pulled out of the Paris climate change thing and enjoys continued support from Britain's coalition of chaos his only freinds outside the US/ Israel. A down right embarrassment to the world we have become.

The polar ice caps are melting because of CO2, because Americans drive petrol cars with big 6 litre engines and belch tonnes of coal smoke from coal burning plants in Virginia, yet Trump denies this is to blame. Perhaps Trump and his girl freind Teressa Fail May should visit Coverack and tell the residents that climate change is not to blame.

Meanwhile is not a coincidence that in the US they are replacing diesel trucks and buses with petrol powered trucks that will produce tonnes more C02 than diesels ( yes diesels pollute but it's particles that's their problem and elemental carbon particles don't cause climate change, it's CO2 that causes climate change and polar ice cap melting), and here in the UK the Tory government is wanting to get rid of diesel cars and replace them with petrol with higher CO2 emissions.?

Once again another right wing made disaster!

Time for change!
Luke7456
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
whilst their certainly could be a case for global warming you have not justified it here.
A freak whether occurrence could have multiple explanations.
its like if I am alone in the house and I hear foot steps I conclude see this is proof of that ghost how can anyone deny it?

There could be multiple explanations 1, an intruder, 2 a tv or radio left on, 3 I am imagining it, 4 an alien etc etc
there have been numerous cases of freak whether occurrences throughout human history you have not proven anything.
Dot.Cotton
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It was just a freak storm, they happen all the time. Nothing whatsoever to do with the "climate change" hoax.

Stop blaming Trump for every tiny little thing that doesn't go your way, liberals. Trump could find a cure for cancer and you lot would still find something to moan about.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nothing to do with Climate change this is just known as a British Summer
username3456172
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dot.cotton)
it was just a freak storm, they happen all the time. Nothing whatsoever to do with the "climate change" hoax.

Stop blaming trump for every tiny little thing that doesn't go your way, liberals. Trump could find a cure for cancer and you lot would still find something to moan about.
b a s e d
Ambitious1999
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Dot.Cotton)
It was just a freak storm, they happen all the time. Nothing whatsoever to do with the "climate change" hoax.

Stop blaming Trump for every tiny little thing that doesn't go your way, liberals. Trump could find a cure for cancer and you lot would still find something to moan about.
If he did he'd still scrap Obamacare and try and get Britain to abolish the NHS and make that cancer cure unaffordable for normal people except the super and idle rich. So normal people would still die of cancer except by then they'd not be able to afford any hospital treatment or chemotherapy or pain medication at all.
sek510i
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Obviously climate change is happening, and as a result of human activity (even a moron could see that). But this isn't necessarily proof of that.

The fact that sea levels are rising, the ice caps are melting and that scientists around the world are tracking the effects of pollution and have told us about it is probably better evidence than some unusual floods in Cornwall.

I'm not denying that the floods are a symptom, just that brain dead idiots won't believe it. There's better evidence to support your points than this, and it's not hard to find.
allenby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Volcanoes emit vast quantities of CO2, yet this has not affected the earth's temperature very much over the millenia. Any climate change that is occurring on earth is also occurring on Mars as it is due to the sun. Climate Change (formerly Man-made Global Warming) is a con. They changed to Climate Change after the temperature began to fall. Man-made Global Warming was introduced in the eighties by the criminal elite. They were originally going to con the public with an 'ice-age scare' but then the temperature stopped falling and began to rise, so they did a flip and changed to a 'man-made global warming scare'. The 'hole in the ozone layer scare' seems to have been abandoned.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by allenby)
Volcanoes emit vast quantities of CO2, yet this has not affected the earth's temperature very much over the millenia. Any climate change that is occurring on earth is also occurring on Mars as it is due to the sun. Climate Change (formerly Man-made Global Warming) is a con. They changed to Climate Change after the temperature began to fall. Man-made Global Warming was introduced in the eighties by the criminal elite. They were originally going to con the public with an 'ice-age scare' but then the temperature stopped falling and began to rise, so they did a flip and changed to a 'man-made global warming scare'. The 'hole in the ozone layer scare' seems to have been abandoned.
The hole in the ozone was not a 'scare' - it was real. It hasn't been abandoned - the world fixed it (we hope) by banning the chemical that was causing it - CFCs.

There is no evidence that Mars is following the current warming on earth.

Past volcanic eruptions had major effects on global weather. Krakatoa for example caused an entire year of failed harvests in all parts of the planet. Previously, even larger eruptions have wiped out human populations across substantial areas and lowered or raised temperatures for months or years. However, that is about dust in the atmosphere and not CO2.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm not a climate change denier but you can't just randomly attribute every single natural disaster to climate change. These kinds of things have been happening all the time humanity has been on the Earth.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
climate change is being automatically blamed for this terrible tragedy in Cornwall.

it is being used as a Cornish patsy.
bobby147
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As if the president of the United States would care about an incident in Cornwall.
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
While I am a firm supporter of renewable energy technology and companies like Tesla, I am still skeptical about global warming.

Some may call me ignorant and simply moronic because I am aware of the effects of CO2 emission and CFCs, but what I want to see is if we do start to act on our emissions of greenhouse gases then will we actually see positive changes? This hasn't been done yet obviously so I cannot be sure.

Extreme weather condition changes have occurred throughout the entire history of Earth so there is no justification to your statement by just saying "cars release lots of CO2".

So while I do still STRONGLY believe that we definitely need to invest in renewable technology which doesn't produce any harmful components, global warming is still a controversial issue to me at the moment and so I haven't formed a solid opinion on it.
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Volcanoes emit vast quantities of CO2, yet this has not affected the earth's temperature very much over the millenia.
The difference between volcanoes and us is that the former tend to explode and release a ton of fumes at once every few years, whereas mankind has been altering the atmosphere constantly since the Industrial Revolution. The carbon cycle has been heavily disrupted as a result. Atmospheric CO2 levels are currently at an all-time record high (source).

Any climate change that is occurring on earth is also occurring on Mars as it is due to the sun.
The sun is not our only source of climate change. Any weatherman can tell you that.

Climate Change (formerly Man-made Global Warming) is a con. They changed to Climate Change after the temperature began to fall.
Global temperatures have been steadily increasing for decades (source). The use of different terminology is mainly by laypeople, the term "global warming" is very much the accepted scientific term for the recent climate phenomenon. The term "climate change" is used to refer to any period when Earth's climate has changed, both current and historical.

Man-made Global Warming was introduced in the eighties by the criminal elite. They were originally going to con the public with an 'ice-age scare' but then the temperature stopped falling and began to rise, so they did a flip and changed to a 'man-made global warming scare'.
This is conspiracy-level nonsense.

The 'hole in the ozone layer scare' seems to have been abandoned.
It might not get much airtime in the media nowadays but the ozone layer is still a major concern, and current predictions say the damage we've done will not be reversed until 2075. That's still a much brighter outlook than the one on global warming of course, where scientists concern is not when the damage can be undone, but if it's actually possible.

(Original post by BTAnonymous)
While I am a firm supporter of renewable energy technology and companies like Tesla, I am still skeptical about global warming.

Some may call me ignorant and simply moronic because I am aware of the effects of CO2 emission and CFCs, but what I want to see is if we do start to act on our emissions of greenhouse gases then will we actually see positive changes? This hasn't been done yet obviously so I cannot be sure.

Extreme weather condition changes have occurred throughout the entire history of Earth so there is no justification to your statement by just saying "cars release lots of CO2".

So while I do still STRONGLY believe that we definitely need to invest in renewable technology which doesn't produce any harmful components, global warming is still a controversial issue to me at the moment and so I haven't formed a solid opinion on it.
I'd suggest you ought to have a read of NASA's site as well. This article provides a very good overview of the scientific data available.
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dez)
The difference between volcanoes and us is that the former tend to explode and release a ton of fumes at once every few years, whereas mankind has been altering the atmosphere constantly since the Industrial Revolution. The carbon cycle has been heavily disrupted as a result. Atmospheric CO2 levels are currently at an all-time record high (source).

The sun is not our only source of climate change. Any weatherman can tell you that.

Global temperatures have been steadily increasing for decades (source). The use of different terminology is mainly by laypeople, the term "global warming" is very much the accepted scientific term for the recent climate phenomenon. The term "climate change" is used to refer to any period when Earth's climate has changed, both current and historical.

This is conspiracy-level nonsense.

It might not get much airtime in the media nowadays but the ozone layer is still a major concern, and current predictions say the damage we've done will not be reversed until 2075. That's still a much brighter outlook than the one on global warming of course, where scientists concern is not when the damage can be undone, but if it's actually possible.

I'd suggest you ought to have a read of NASA's site as well. This article provides a very good overview of the scientific data available.
That graph was a good visualisation... I guess it's not coincidence...
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is not possible to relate freak weather events to climate change. But you can look at the trends. And what has this freak natural disaster got to do with Theresa May?
Whiskey&Freedom
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Climate change is a myth promoted by government funded left wing scientists.
Hedwig2189
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Yet another of many disasters and major incidents since Teressa Fail called and lost a general election, this time we saw horrific scenes in the Cornish town of Coverack as a huge storm sent tidal flood surges through the town . Three hundred year old oak trees torn out of the ground like match sticks, buses coaches and lorries washed down streets like toys, people's homes washed away as those residents who could were forced to jump across roof tops. Water gushed through like the Niagra falls, huge stone bolders the size of vans tossed around like bits of polystyrene while the angry grey sky banged and blasted like the Hiroshima bomb sending down waterfalls of rain..... And why do we call this man- made climate change?

Because such weather in the middle of summer is plain weird. Nethier do you need to be a scientist to come to that conclusion. As a prmary school kid we were taught Winters are wet, cold and snowy, summers are warm sunny with occasional showers. What Coverack suffered was more akin to Decembers weather, not an occasional summer shower.

Yet Trump denies man- made climate change exists and had pulled out of the Paris climate change thing and enjoys continued support from Britain's coalition of chaos his only freinds outside the US/ Israel. A down right embarrassment to the world we have become.

The polar ice caps are melting because of CO2, because Americans drive petrol cars with big 6 litre engines and belch tonnes of coal smoke from coal burning plants in Virginia, yet Trump denies this is to blame. Perhaps Trump and his girl freind Teressa Fail May should visit Coverack and tell the residents that climate change is not to blame.

Meanwhile is not a coincidence that in the US they are replacing diesel trucks and buses with petrol powered trucks that will produce tonnes more C02 than diesels ( yes diesels pollute but it's particles that's their problem and elemental carbon particles don't cause climate change, it's CO2 that causes climate change and polar ice cap melting), and here in the UK the Tory government is wanting to get rid of diesel cars and replace them with petrol with higher CO2 emissions.?

Once again another right wing made disaster!

Time for change!
This isn't climate change... this is a normal Cornish Summer...
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Ambitious1999)
Time for change!
What change do you suggest? A leftist government with increased bureaucracy, far higher spending and more taxes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (4)
6.9%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (4)
6.9%
No, but maybe I will look into it (15)
25.86%
No and I wouldn't consider it (35)
60.34%

Watched Threads