How many crushes is it normal to have?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I'm a pretty normal lad, ugly but charismatic enough to make up for that somewhat. But my problem isn't people fancying me (though that's incredibly rare), it's more the other way round. I'm just sick of getting crushes on people - I've had dozens of crushes (far more than have had crushes on me). I can't approach these people, because they have rejected me outright in the past, are incompatible orientation or the relationship would be very socially damaging. So I'm stuck in a quandary where I fancy so many people but I'm frustrated.

In light of this, I ask: how many crushes is it normal to have, and how should I work this one out?
QueenBee98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think that there is a limit as to how many crushes you can have - but I think it's more or less whether you choose to pursue any of them as a possible relationship
Hamoody
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I'm a pretty normal lad, ugly but charismatic enough to make up for that somewhat. But my problem isn't people fancying me (though that's incredibly rare), it's more the other way round. I'm just sick of getting crushes on people - I've had dozens of crushes (far more than have had crushes on me). I can't approach these people, because they have rejected me outright in the past, are incompatible orientation or the relationship would be very socially damaging. So I'm stuck in a quandary where I fancy so many people but I'm frustrated.

In light of this, I ask: how many crushes is it normal to have, and how should I work this one out?
I know a classmate who had a crush on nearly every pretty girl at school :lol:
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I don't want this to sound cruel, but you need to get a life and get out more rather than thinking about girls all day.
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Rejection is normal. You should ask out the girls you like though.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by SGHD26716)
I don't want this to sound cruel, but you need to get a life and get out more rather than thinking about girls all day.
I get where you're coming from but I don't necessarily let on: years of rejection have taught me to hold my cards close when it comes to crushes. I try not to let it affect me but obviously it wears you down.
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One at a time
chickenshit128
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think you mean: how many times is being rejected enough?
Ryanthom100
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Crushes are for boys.
Girlfriends are for men.

No point crushing over so many girls, I have had like 2 irl crushes in my life (I'm 17) and 1 celebrity crush. Have the mindset that you will better yourself so they have a crush on u ;)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.21%
No I am happy with my choice (85)
55.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.24%

Watched Threads