The Student Room Group

Repeating final year

Hello,

I have a few questions I have just done my final year but unfortunately have failed one unit which I have to retake during the summer. In the event that I fail the summer retake I am required to repeat my final year again doing that one unit with attendance. I have not had to repeat a year before this. My questions are:

1) Do I reapply for student student finance only after it has been confirmed that I have to re-enroll in late September

2) Would I have to get my parents to fill in their income again for that year

3) and how long would the delay be to getting the funding as I would have to pay for accomodation, etc

Thank you for any further information
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CCT
Hello,

I have a few questions I have just done my final year but unfortunately have failed one unit which I have to retake during the summer. In the event that I fail the summer retake I am required to repeat my final year again doing that one unit with attendance. I have not had to repeat a year before this. My questions are:

1) Do I reapply for student student finance only after it has been confirmed that I have to re-enroll in late September

2) Would I have to get my parents to fill in their income again for that year

3) and how long would the delay be to getting the funding as I would have to pay for accomodation, etc

Thank you for any further information

If there's a chance you'll be repeating the year I would suggest applying now - but speak to your university about how they would send your details to SLC. For a single module some universities would class that as part time study (which would change what you'd be eligible for).

It's easy to cancel an application for another years funding and then you avoid the risks of late payment/assessment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending