Nadrog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I go to a private university and have completed my 3 year course here, I need to do a resit but have been refused as the uni says they haven't got the staff to mark my work. I have a module that I need marking but my tutor says he can't mark it as he couldn't download it, although I've had no problem doing this. I've been told I can retake the year but if I do I have to fund myself which I can't afford to do. I have been told that if I don't retake the year again I am in breach of my contract and will have to pay back the student loan immediately by monthly payments, I am unable to do this as I don't work. I'm worried and don't know what to do.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nadrog)
I go to a private university and have completed my 3 year course here, I need to do a resit but have been refused as the uni says they haven't got the staff to mark my work. I have a module that I need marking but my tutor says he can't mark it as he couldn't download it, although I've had no problem doing this. I've been told I can retake the year but if I do I have to fund myself which I can't afford to do. I have been told that if I don't retake the year again I am in breach of my contract and will have to pay back the student loan immediately by monthly payments, I am unable to do this as I don't work. I'm worried and don't know what to do.
1. Send it or deliver it to your lecturer or the department as a hard copy and also put it on a pen drive so he has an electronic one. get a receipt or if you post it then send it special delivery or signed for.

2. If the resit facility exists within the rules, then not having enough staff is their problem. Make an official complaint. When they reject that then make a complaint to the OIA. You should contact the OIA to check they can hear cases about your private uni.

3. Go and see your student advisor in the SU and download the rules regarding degree grading, which should be on the website. If not request them from the department or exam office. Get independent advice. Go and see CAB or a solicitor if you have to. Your local law centre is also an option.

4. If its a UK student loan then you dont pay back till you earn over £21,000. The person who is telling you that is speaking nonsense.

You have posted in the Royal Holloway section.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (654)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (824)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (380)
19.54%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.47%

Watched Threads